Chapter 36 - (Un)Expected

*sigh* didn't think ending a book would take so long, deffo gonna be another part to this

T A Î

*Earlier That Day*

"Taî, Reuben just text me saying they just got to the tattoo shop so can you please just chill?" Aiya informed me which was a not so great attempt to calm me down.

"I can't chill bitch, we're not even halfway through the list of things Tyra gave us to do." I said as I scanned through the never ending list that I had saved on my iPhone.

Cleo's birthday probably started off great for her which is good. I, on the other hand have been stressed as fuck from the crack of dawn. I had stupidly assigned myself the job of getting Cleo's surprise party together and I've never regretted a decision so much in my whole entire time of existing on this earth. I've never thrown a party let alone a successful one so I'm definitely not experienced when it comes to putting everything together. You would think that having the help of Aiya, Màlika and Tez would somewhat make my task a teensy bit easier but nope.

I had left Màlika in charge of getting the guest list sorted because we all know that she has a certain issue with any manual labour. That job basically consisted of her sitting on her phone jumping from different social media applications.

"Is Aisha invited because she made a comment about Cleo once I dunno whether they're cool?" Màlika asked. This had been going on ever since I gave her the job of going over the guest list. She was being unnecessarily specific when I came to who's allowed in or not. I'm not too fussed and I'm sure Cleo isn't either, as long as Indya doesn't set foot in this place I'm sure it'll be fine.

That's the thing that scares me about throwing parties, I'm gonna be the one responsible if it bangs or if it's dead and I really really don't want it to be dead. Especially because I told Tyra she could trust me when it came to planning her party and that she could kill me if it didn't go well.

It's Cleo's 18th and I want to do something special for her especially after all she's been through recently. She's an amazing mum to my nephew as well so she seriously deserves it.

"When are you gonna get the drinks?" I asked Tez who was in charge of getting drinks simply because he's the only one besides Reuben and now Cleo who can legally supply drinks.

"In about an hour I think." He replied simply.

I raised an eyebrow. "You think or you know because if Cleo gets here before the drinks do then someone's getting fucked up."

He shook his head. "Relax, if I go Costco now it'll be mad busy and queues piss me off."

"You're stressing me out Taî seriously you need to calm down." Aiya said

"You don't understand." I whined. "Planning social events gives me anxiety." I seriously forgot how much I dislike being in charge of things especially because I'm constantly reminded of how unserious I can be.

Aiya got up and walked across the open floor to where I was pacing. The penthouse suite that Cleo's dad got for Cleo's birthday was in south London and was buff beyond comprehension. It's style was really modern with floor to ceiling Windows displaying the view of the city skyline. Even in the day it was a mad view so at night it's obviously even nicer. There were two French doors open up onto a huge terraced balcony and Cleo's beautiful cousin Amari came earlier to set up the sound system with his friends who's gonna DJ.