Chapter 37

O M N I S C I E N T

Reuben and Indya made their way outside to the balcony. The music could still be heard but it was quiet enough for a conversation to be had. Floyd Mayweather by Young Thug began to play as Reuben opened the glass door and he desperately wished he was inside to video Cleo knowing that this was one of her favourite songs. Indya struggled to keep up with Reuben as he walked to the far side of the balcony.

"So you two are back together now yeah?" Indya asked raising a perfectly arched eyebrow. She stood with her arms to the side wanting Reuben to take in the dress that she had purchased specifically for this occasion. This would be her last attempt to get Reuben back, after this she would just try to get over it. She didn't necessarily want to or need to be in a relationship with him, she just wanted their friendship back, the one that had existed before Cleo had come into the picture.

She slyly pushed her push up bra enhanced chest out and sucked in her stomach wanting to catch Reuben's attention or at least spark something. Reuben however kept the same bored expression on his face. He wanted to be inside celebrating with his girlfriend, not outside with his ex who didn't know how to let go. Reuben nodded. "Yeah, Cleo's my girl." He said simply not even knowing or caring about how much those words affected her.

Indya cut her eyes at him. "And you didn't think you should've told me. I was told by someone else, I just came here because I had to see for myself. I thought there was no way it was true because you would've told me." When her friend April sent Indya the picture of Reuben and Cleo looking all cosy and in love bile immediately rose up in her throat. She completely denied the whole thing like a crazy person. "I thought we at least cared about each other enough that you would give me a heads up."

Reuben sighed becoming irritated and not at all seeing the point of this conversation. He didn't want to chat to this girl and didn't understand why Cleo didn't just send her on her way. He simply shrugged knowing he was coming across as very dismissive and even though that was not the intention he knew that the conversation would come to an end quicker that way.

His shrug sent Indya over the edge, he didn't care about her at all. Not even a little. Her attempt to look good and seduce him wasn't working, every two seconds he would peer back into the apartment. He was looking at her, that's where he wanted to be, in there with Cleo. "Why her?" Indya whispered as defeat overcame her. She actually won. Cleo won.

"Look, when I first got with Cleo I still had love for you, I'd be lying if I said I didn't but all your stupid antics deaded that." Reuben said and Indya could feel her heart breaking completely. Hearing the next words leave his mouth completely killed it. "I haven't loved you like I love her Indya. Not even when we were together."

"Y-You know how I get when I feel strongly about someone. You were my first everything Reuben, then all of sudden this girl comes alongand it's 'fuck Indya'...I don't matter anymore."

"You pinned a fake baby on me Indya, knowing that Cleo was pregnant. Forget that she was my girlfriend, you tried to fuck up my relationship with my baby mum. You knew that would hurt her and stress her out putting my baby at risk. You think that shit was cool? If you really cared about me you wouldn't've done none of that shit."

Indya looked down ashamed. "I'm sorry Reuben, you know I am."

Reuben rubbed the back of his neck. "Why are you here Indya? What do you want?"

"I wanted me and you to go back to how they used to be. When you were my best friend Reuben...but that's obviously not going to happen." She said quietly.

"You're right, it can't. Cleo's the mother of my child, she's always gonna be in my life. Me and you, whatever relationship we have or had...it's done."