Chapter 17 - The Task Ahead

Hi guys from now on these chapters are gonna be quite long becaues we are now getting toward the end of the book as the book draws near to a conclusion jason must face a difficult decision so read and enjoy :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day we had finally made it towards our destination. The island. We park the boat up and get off our weapons are at the ready incase of any attack but it is all clear and we proceed with caution,we take the bags of the boat and all of our suplies that we had gathered together from the previous place we had been staying at. I couldn't belive after all that hard work we had finally made it to the island and imediately we started to look for a big safe place to start our task of clearing the island of zombies. We begin searching and we scout the place for a nice place to start we all split up into groups. Maddie,Jake and mell- I cut my voice of as I realise she's not with us anymore a tear forms in my eye but I fight it away,I cannot let my feelings get me killed. I head off in a direction with luke and caitlin as he's the only one of my freinds I have left to speak to. After about 30 minutes of walking we find nothing no zombies or anything so we decide to head back to the docks to meet up with emma who had guarded the boat with jade while all of us were looking for the exact house that we needed to start rebuilding our lives that were once taken away from us literally near enough everything all we have left is our little group of freinds which are dying every now and then I really do not want to loose these people because there the only ones I can call family now. I walk up to jake and ask him what he had found he said there was a big mansion on the far east side of the island and we could take refuge there. So after another 30 minutes we arrive at the mansion and there are two zombies aimlessly walking around I take the first one out with my trusty mp5 and Luke takes care of the other zombie,we all move out quickly through the front gates of the mansion all in unison I turned to luke and tell him we need to check the mansion thourully to make sure that it is safe for us to live in because we don't want any zombies getting us in the middle of the night and the mansion is a massive,massive place and we are all quite proud of finding it and cannot wait to start fortifying it and making it home. The mansion is searched from top to toe and there were a few zombies but they were easy to take care of and now we needed to start to make this place defendable otherwise we won't last long. Not long at all. We all begin imediately I suggest to the group that we use the wired fence and make it surround the mansion using some of the fuel and connect it to a generator to make an electric fence. And the rest of the group agree and that is set up after about 2 hours time.Luke begins barricading the doors and windows making every entrance secure no one was getting in or out without our permission. Days past and we felt like we were safe and we were beggining not to worry about the zombies but that could change over the next few days we all still need to be very cautious and we are not to let our guard down. We are one step closer to surviving this terrible epidemic and everybodys worse nightmare.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys how was this chapter did you enjoy it they have finally made it to the island and they think there safe but I don't think that's gonna last long what did you all think and anybody who hasn't voted, vote! :)