Chapter 8

***Harry's POV***

My head hurt. That was the first thing that popped into my mind as I drifted back into consciousness. There was a throbbing pain at my temple that traveled all the way down to my jaw. It was an intense pain, and at first I couldn't remember how I had come to feel it. Too soon though, the memories flashed in my mind. I felt like crying, but I knew that wouldn't help me in any way. It was so childish what I had done. I should have apologized to the man for flirting with his girlfriend instead of calling him names. I know I would have reacted the same if anyone had hit on my girlfriend.

If I had one anymore.

My eyes began to sting as I thought of Taylor. She may have been just a fling in the beginning, but I had grown to have feelings for her. When she told me all of her seemingly caring emotions were just an act I had lost it. I would have never thought that she would only agree to date me because it would increase her popularity, but that's what she did. She manipulated my feelings to gain a larger fan base.

I swallowed the tears that were threatening to break free and focused on the present. I needed to get up and find the other lads.

I could sense the cold, hard gravel beneath me. I rolled my head to the side as I tried to pry open my eye lids, but they seemed permanently sewn shut. All I could see was darkness.

I let out a groan. Of course this was happening to me.

A loud crashing noise made me jump. I severely wished that I could open my eyes, but even as I struggled they wouldn’t budge.

The crashing noise turned into a dragging noise followed by a grunt. Something about the voice seemed familiar.

"Hello?" I called out; hoping the source of the racket was a friend and not a foe. "Is someone there?"

I heard footsteps getting closer and my heart rate quickened in pace.

"Don't worry, it's me." A feminine voice whispered. The proximity between us surprised me. She hated me, but still forced herself to come closer because I was injured.

Well I guess it was her job, after all.

"Can you open your eyes?" She asked. I noticed that her voice was very appealing. It was almost soothing; a bit gruff but there was still a soft tone in it.

I shook my head, clearing my foggy mind as a siren wailed in the background.

"Harry? Can you open your eyes? We really need to get out of here, as soon as humanly possible." She asked again, but with more urgency.

I grumbled, not liking being rushed.

"I can try." I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand, squinting and contorting my face. Finally the seal that had been keeping them shut broke, and my eyes opened to see a pair of shimmery pale orbs.

She narrowed her two, almost white, eyes and reached out to touch my face.

"What are you doing?!" I asked, flinching back when her fingers barely grazed my throbbing jaw.

She gave me an exasperated look.

"I'm trying to see if it’s broken. Now get up and move. We need to leave before the cops get here."

I frowned, noticing the siren's shrill shrieking had gotten closer.

I tried standing, but vertigo hit hard and I fell forward. I expected to hit the ground again, but Addie had caught me and was supporting most of my body weight.

"Sorry." I mumbled, my cheeks reddening with embarrassment.

She stayed silent the whole walk to the limo, but all the while she had kept her arm firmly around my shoulders.