Chapter 20 Who am I really?

"We need to talk." "Why?" I asked. "Listen.. There's no easy way to say this but.. Your hair is acting up because.. You're half Octoling." "What.. What are octolings?" I asked. "They're the enemies of inklings... They have been for years. Your mother is an inkling, so you're..." "An Octosquid?" I interrupted. "Yes.. When Octolings turn 15 their hair starts resembling an octopus, that's why your hair is acting up. This also means you can't hang out with your friends anymore." He said. "What?!?" "Ever." "But dad!! Why not!?" I whined. "Because.. I've seen that boy. He has feelings for you." He said narrowing his eyes. "So!?" I snapped. "You're not marrying a squid. We let you enter Turf Wars because we could sense you had talent, and since you've taken the Turf Wars by storm, you're well known, and maybe the Octolings could be saved from extinction." "And what does that have to do with my friends!?" I yelled. "If you're popularity won't convince the community, you'll have to save Octolings from extinction too." He said. "And what does that mean?!?" I yelled starting to understand a little. "It means. You're marrying an Octoling." He said. My face drained color and my heart stopped beating. An arranged marriage?! "NO!" I yelled and burst through the door.

He grabbed my arm. "Listen young lady, it's set in stone. Pack your things. You're going to Octo Valley tomorrow morning." He scolded. I cried and ran into my room. I heard the door lock from the outside. I collapsed on my bed and cried into the sheets. My hair curling up more and more by the minute. Even my clothes began to change. The hoodie was thrown off and replaced by shiny gear with a black t-shirt under it. My Hi-tops flew off my feet and were replaced with Octoling boots. My headphones were tossed off by my hair. I stared in the mirror. The only thing left were the gloves. Only the gloves. My eyelashes got even longer and even my long strips of hair became curled. Knowing there was nothing else to do I packed my things. But then I remembered. The phone. I scrambled to the counter for my phone. I looked at it. My contacts were deleted. I gave up on being miserable and got up. I charged into the door but I fell back to the floor uselessly. I banged and pounded on the door. Nothing worked. "MAAAAAAX!" I screamed through the door. "STAAAAAAR!" I screamed again. There was no answer. My parents must have kicked them out. This shouldn't have happened... This shouldn't have  ever happened to me.. I slumped to the floor and cried into the gloves. This was all that was left. All that I had.

The next morning my parents covered their face and mine. I lugged my luggage into the train and sat silently inside. The train came to a stop and we walked out. The area looked like a deserted skatepark. I walked out into the area with my head down. There were a bunch of manholes and manhole covers. One manhole cover flew open and a rather strong looking female Octoling came out. "Are you the Delfino daughter?" She asked. I nodded. She grasped my arm tightly and pulled me into the manhole. It was a long fall and we hit the floor. Only a few Octolings were in this room. A handsome male Octoling walked forward. My face was uncovered now. "Meet Olli, best Octoling in the city. Also, your future husband." She said. My face turned red. "Nice to finally meet my future wife." He said flashing a perfect smile. He took my hand and smoothly twirled me around. I quickly stood up and brushed myself off. "Now.. Would you like to go home? Or should I say.. Your new home.." Olli smiled.
New... home