Le First Date

ZANDER

Right when I get home I bolted for my room.

"Mum!" I yell, "I've got a date tonight!"

"I'll alert the press." Dad said sarcastically, sauntering into my room.

"She's really pretty, and I can make her smile." I said, smiling at the thought of the blonde girl.

"Don't wear that shirt, she'll think you're a prick. And lose the pants, we live in California." Dad says,throwing a 'Cool Story Bro' shirt at me, along with a red beanie, and khaki shorts at me.

"Much better," I said to myself, smiling in my mirror.

"Zander!" Mum yells, "Take her to that pizza place you like by Venice Beach. And get some ice cream."

"'Kay Mum." I said, walking downstairs. I shoved my feet into my red Adidas Neo, grabbed my keys and left.

Lia

Coming. where do u live

Near Venice Beach

Alright. Look for the red mazda

**

I walked up to Lia's door nervously. I rang the doorbell once, and waited a couple of seconds.

"Who are you?" A girl asks me, answering the door.

"I'm Zander, I'm here for Lia,"

"Lia! Some random guy is here to see you!" I look at the girl, and wipe my hands off on my shorts.

"Is it hot in here or what?" I ask, fanning myself with my hands.

"You're outside." She stated,

"I've noticed," I said,

"Sorry you had to wait with the she demon." Lia apologizes,

"She's not that bad." I tried, and Lia gave me this 'are you crazy?' look, "Okay, she's awful."

"Imagine living with her. It's a nightmare." Lia shivered,

"Imagine having 6 of her." I joked and we both shivered,

"So where are we going?" Lia asks,

"Well, we are going to have a very fine evening.We will start with pizza at a very posh place called Damien's Deep Dish, then we we'll have the finest ice cream, and to top it off, a moonlit walk on the beach." I said,

"You're hopeless," Lia snorted,

"I was kidding about the walk." I protested,

"Maybe there's still hope." Lia said,

"C'mon, Damien's is right over there." I said, parking my car.

"What are you waiting for, let's get some pizza." Lia said, making me laugh a bit.

**

"And that is why you never mess with an angry country singer." I finished my ice cream.

"We should do this again." Lia said, as we walked to her front door.

"Or we could do that as a couple." I said, sort of asking her out.

"Yeah, I like you," Lia said kissing me on the cheek. "Night."

I walked to my car and let out a sigh. That went better than what I thought it would.