Happy Birthday Beautiful

ZANDER

I wake this morning happy. Infinity was blowing up, it was kind of insane. I walk downstairs in a gray tank top and blue plaid pajama pants.

"Morning mum," I say kissing my mum on the cheek and then kissing Lucy on the forehead.

"Alex called and he needs help learning Lauren." Mum tells me,

" Okay, but I need a little help setting up the backyard. Today's the day." I say grinning. Today is the day that my beautiful girlfriend Lauren Christine Cimorelli is turning 17. We'll be the same age for about six months.

" Okay I'll ask Uncle Niall and Uncle Liam." Mum says.

"Are those pancakes?" Dad says sliding down the banister of the stairs.

"For the kids not you." Mum says strictly,

"I'm a kid at heart." Dad says with puppy dog eyes.

"No I only have enough for Zander, Waliyha,Lucy and Carter."Mum says,

"Yeah Mum! Don't let Dad take my pancakes." I say jokingly,

"Pancakes, pancakes, pancakes!" Lucy chants.

"Five pancakes please." I say.

"One of these days I'll get you Malik, and your little sister too." Dad says in his best Wicked Witch of the West.

"Okay Wicked Warlock of the West." I say jokingly in a mouthful of pancakes. Mum wrinkles her nose and I stick my tongue out after swallowing. I quickly finish my breakfast and run upstairs. When I get upstairs I stop by Waliyha's room and she has a book in front of her face.

"Breakfast's ready." I call out to him before running to my room. I run into my ensuite bathroom and brush my teeth. Then I run across my room do a somersault across my bed and to get to my dresser. I hastily throw my drawer open and pull out some old jeans. I put those on and then grab a Bulls hoodie. I get my phone from my dresser and call Alex,

"Hey Alex I'll be there in five."

"Alright. The front's open." Alex says to me while I drives to Alex's flat. I run up to the door and open it and I see Alex at his set in the living room.

"Hey Zander." Alex says nonchalantly.

"So it's pretty simple." I say beginning to explain the song.

*

"Okay thanks for the help man." Alex says waving goodbye.

"Bye mate." I say to him waving back at him.

"And good luck with the whole birthday thing." Alex said as I got into the car.

*

LAUREN

Don't get me wrong, turning seventeen was amazing. There was just one thing. Zander hadn't called at all this morning like he usually does. So naturally I checked my phone to see what time it was for the twentieth consecutive time. Then I got a text from him.

z

meet me in my backyard

So I grabbed my flip flops and started to go to Zander's house.

"Where are you going?" Katherine asked popping out of absolutely nowhere.

"Nothing." I say opening the door and Katherine blocked it.

"Really? You seem a little secretive. Tell me." Katherine says demandingly,

"I'm going to Zander's. Apparently he wants to talk to me or something." I say pushing past her.