Just an Average Guy

ZANDER

Writing music in a spare room in my house that I turned into a mini recording studio. That's normal, right?

Lauren, I know your sisters turn everyone on,

But you're the one I want (repeat1x) yeah

Pretty good chorus, eh? It's about Lauren, she doesn't get the attention she deserves. She's beautiful, and talented, and funny and sweet and everything in the world. I pick up my guitar and play C, then G, then D minor, F, C, G, and then D minor. I figure that'll be the chords for the refrain and that's all I have so far.

Three hours later.

I think I'm ready to record it. Instead of the soundboard being outside of the booth, I put  it inside and I have a bigger one on the outside. It's just easier that way. First I record the instrumentals and then I begin to sing it. Then mum kind of barges in.

 Cause I'm attracted to your passion, be yourself, forget the fashion! Just keep that smile girl you're flashingCuz you and I deserve to be forever ever lasting!

" Zander you can sing?" Mum asks me after hearing me,

" I mean I guess so. I've got more songs recorded if you want to hear them. I wrote them and recorded them," I say sheepishly passing her a pair of headphones, " These few are Bless the Broken Road, Beautiful Soul, Chasing Cars, Just the Girl, Boomerang, and I'm Yours."

" You're amazing." Mum says hugging me,

" Not as amazing as you or dad or Ni, or Harry." I say to her.

" If you practice you'll be even better." Mum says walking out of the room, smiling. I take out my phone and get on Twitter.

Direct Messaging

zander_malik: confession time i can sing according to @perriexox

lauren_cim: @zander_malik is waliyah here yet,

zander_malik: ya. come over

lauren_cim: KK

I walk out of my recording room and go to Waliyha's room.

" Hey my girlfriend's coming over." I say to her,

" Ok." She mutters,

" Hey. What's wrong?" I say going over to her. She's wearing her Superman sweatshirt and gray sweatpants. Sweatpants are the most comfortable thing in the world. Me, I'm wearing sweatpants. So I guess that's kind of biased, but who cares.

" D-Danny broke up with me." Waliyha says to me, burying her head in my chest. I put my hand on her back and rub her back.

" It's okay he was a jerk." I say getting up to go see Lauren.

" You're the best." Waliyha says to me,

" I know." I say smugly when she throws a pink pillow at me.

" Wrong answer. It's thank you." Waliyha says correcting me, while I answer the door.

" Hey Lauren," I say pecking her on the cheek, " I have to show you something." I say grabbing her hand and pulling her up the stairs. Waliyha throws another pink pillow at me. Except this time it's super frilly and stuff. I throw it right back at her and nail her in the head " Payback." I say grinning like an idiot.