Chapter 12

The day ended with a quick stop at subway and Evan dropping everyone off. There was no sweet goodbye this night since Evanee took a nap in the backseat and when she was woken up, the tiny girl silently trudged across the street and into her house.

Altough it was only around seven, Evan was tired as well. Laser tag was a bit more intense than he originally thought, but he wouldn't miss another chance at it for the world.

His back hit the mattress and a soft sigh escaped him. Throughout the entire match, he still couldn't help but let his mind wander over to Evanee. He hadn't meant to run straight into her, but the tall boy was very glad he did. The warm feeling of her next to him wasn't easy to forget.

Staring at the ceiling, Evan thought more of his neighbor. He couldn't deny that she was a bit weird sometimes, but he honestly loved that about her. His thoughts went back to a few days ago when he woke up with the green eyed girl laying against his chest with his arm draped over her. The attraction that he felt had grown so much in a span of a few days and the feeling was absolutely nerve wrecking.

Forgetting about the entire thing, Evan shut his eyes and tried to rest. There was no need for him to waste his time being nervous over nothing.

Meanwhile, Evanee was just about done finishing up her homework for the day. A yawn left her lips and she walked downstairs from her room, into the kitchen. Her half-eaten sub Evan had bought her was still lying on the counter.

A smile crossed her face as she thought of him and the other boys. It was safe to say that she had the most fun in the past few days with them  ever. Her eyes wandered to her phone, also sitting on the counter where she had left it when Evan had dropped her off.

Taking a seat on the counter, she decided to call someone. Though it sounded a bit weird, she saw Evan asleep in his bedrook when she looked out her window, which meant she couldn't call him. Her finger hovered over David's contact.

David was the kindest in her eyes and he reminded Evanee of herself a bit. She enjoyed having random conversations with him when they hung out as a group, but the night of the party was different.

Unlike usual, David was a bit more quiet and calm. In honesty, Evanee found it soothing just talking to him alone. Not their usual conversations about koalas or something weird, but talking about themselves. She especially loved it when he sang, whether it wad by himself or with her. The raven haired girl was always a sucker for singers.

Her finger finally pressed down amd she lifted the phone to her ear.

"Evanee?" His voice was deeper now, meaning he just had woken up.

"Sorry, David. Did I wake you?"

There was a slight pause and then a thud before anyone responded. "Yeah, its good you did though. Got a bit tired when I finished my homework and I don't want to mess up my sleeping schedule. What's up?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to talk," she jumped off the counter and went up to her bedroom to sit somewhere more comfortable.

"How about we meet up at the park like last time? It's not that dark outside," David suggested.

That wasn't what Evanee had in mind when she wanted to talk, but it was a better idea. After agreeing, she hung up the phone and quickly got changed. Still wearing her black leggings and undershirt from earlier, she took off her knit sweater and wore her blood red trench coat with some black combat boots. (A/N: picture to the side if you're wondering what it looks like)

The walk from her house to the park was brief a bit unsettling since she was alone and the streets were a bit dark. Though the fear Evanee felt faded when she saw David sitting on the same swing from a few nights ago.

As she sat on the swing next to his, she could see he was holding two cups and he handed one of them to her.

"Figured you'd like some hot chocolate," David said to her with a smile. Although it was kind of dark now, she could still see his face from the two street lamps near them. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Nothing in particular. I just liked talking like we did the night of the party," now that she thought about it, Evanee felt a bit embarrassed wanting to talk to him alone.

The small smile never left David's face as he glanced at the girl next to him. "I did as well, but I wouldn't want to get Evan angry."

"Why would he be?"

David laughed incredulously, but stopped as soon he saw the confused look on Evanee's face. "I thought you two were together."

It was Evanee's turn to laugh. "I'd be lying if I said I didn't like him, but I'm horribly inexperienced in that area of my life."

For the next two hours they to continued talk, dropping the subject of Evan and focusing more on themselves.

It felt amazing being able to talk about herself personally for that long and listening to the many stories of David's past. The two of them didn't even realize the time until David got a call from Evan, asking where he was since there were planning to play some WAW zombies today.

"Sorry, lost track of time. I'll just drop Evanee off at home and then I'll be right on," David apolgized and ended the call.

"Luckily, I brought an extra helmet with my motorcycle," David told Evanee as he put on his own helmet and got on the vehicle. "Scared?"

Evanee had her helmet on and sat on the back, tightly holding on to David in fear of falling off the motorcycle when he'd start it. She didn't respond, but screamed when the vehicle began moving fast towards her house.

As the ride stopped and the two of them were in front of Evanee's house, the shorter girl jumped off the bike with a smile. She actually likeed riding a motorcycle.

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" Without a moment's notice, David quickly lifted up his helmet and planted a quick kiss on Evanee's cheek and drove away, leaving the girl frozen in place for a few seconds.

Unaware to Evanee, her neighbor watched the interaction from his bedroom window, ready to punch the wall. He watched as Evanee walked inside her house and shut the door before going to his computer.

In a few minutes, David was online and joined the skype call, surprised when only Evan was online.

"Where are the guys?"

"They're coming back, just took a break." From the tone of Evan's voice, David knew he saw them earlier. "What were you doing with Evanee?"

David sighed, rubbing his hands over his face before speaking. "Before you start shouting, we just talked at the park and the only reason I kissed her was because I knew you were watching. She told me she likes you. Don't be a wimp and ask her out on a real date, not like one of those other girls you'd date for a week then dump."

After David's explanation, Evan calmed down, though he was still mad that David had to kiss her just to prove a point. But the fact that he now knew that Evanee liked him forget about that. Evanee was special and he was going to make sure she felt that way.

----------

Super crappy and confusing chapter, apologies on my behalf. Still, hopefully you guys like it. Literally all of you have been wanting her to be with Evan, but I'm a Daithi girl so I included him a bit. Vote and comment what you guys would like and I'll do my best to include it in the story. Thank you to all the people who are voting and commenting your opinions^-^

And as always, I hope ye enjoy (:)