Chapter 2: Business

*Updated Casting* Emil Lennstrand

"How are your parents Alexander?"

"My dad is hooking up with his PA and my mother is dating the pool guy, which, in my opinion is a step up from the gardner.  He only wanted money."

"And the pool guy doesn't want money?"

"Oh, of course he does, but he sells me dank weed so he can fuck my mom as often as he wants."

"Do your parents know about the others... infidelity?"

"Hell yeah they do, but they aren't about to divorce. My dad doesn't want to give the bitch half of what he has earned, so they are just chillin'."

"Doesn't that bother you?"

"Doc... I told you, I get dank weed. I'm chillin' too."

****

"Alexander, you look like literal trash and we are leaving in ten minutes." My brother stalked into my room, glancing at his reflection in the mirror that stretched across the length of the wall. Devin was a younger, healthier version of my father. They shared the same intimidating height and blue eyes that could see right through you.

We'd like to think we look nothing alike, but some people would argue otherwise. I'm 5'8, which isn't nearly as tall as Devin and he teased me about it immensely. His hair is lighter than mine almost honey brown and his eyes were the same shade as my father's. As for me I inherited my mother's blue eyes, as did my other two siblings.

"Devin, how many times will I have to tell you I don't want to go to another event with you?" I glared at him watching him toy with a random pipe on my dresser.

"I will drag you out this room, I'm not going alone. I'll be bored out of my mind."

"You know you enjoy talking about business." Devin was twenty-three and smart as hell. He graduated college with two degrees, and from the age of eighteen he had taken up jobs around my father's company. Now he was focused on starting his own company and making ties with future business partners. Of course this meant that he would drag me around with him everywhere in an attempt to get me more involved in the business aspect of our family life.

It wasn't going to happen.

My siblings all found their own interest in some aspect of business where as I had never felt the same urge. This disappointed my parents to no end. I could vividly remember the moment I had told them I wasn't going to follow in my brother's footsteps, but instead keep up with my passion. It had been the worst moments of my life.

My parents shunned me completely, going a far as to tell my siblings to ignore me as well. It was in those months that I lost respect for my family, all except for Devin who was the only one who came through when I needed him. He would sneak me a plate of food when my parents refused to let me sit at the dinner table with them. And he would take care of me when I made stupid decisions and got drunk at odd hours in the night.

But even with Devin, my parents had done a good job at making me feel alone, and unwanted. That feeling will never leave me. It was haunting.

"So what if I do like business?" He shrugged, lazily settling down on the small sofa in my room.

"You fucking nerd." I smiled and rolled my eyes at him.

"Okay, well this isn't loitering around a room and talking big bucks, this is at an art gallery and I need you to come with me so we can sip champagne and talk about how the paintings make us feel." I cracked a smile. Devin was only ever serious when he needed to be, and that was probably why we got along so well.