Chapter Fifteen

Louis arrived at the school a half hour later. He thanked Mrs. Travis and hopped out of the car, running toward the football field where he knew Niall and Zayn would be practicing along with Eleanor and the other cheerleaders. If he was really lucky, Perrie would be there too, cheering Zayn on. Louis didn’t know what he was going to say, but all he knew was that someone was going to pay for what they did to Harry.

As luck would have it, Niall, Zayn and Eleanor were sitting down at the bottom of the bleachers. Perrie was nowhere in sight, but that didn’t matter. Harry didn’t say anything about her in his story, other than she was on the field trip with them. His anger was toward Niall. And maybe Zayn and Eleanor, if it turned out they were behind the whole thing.

Louis stormed down the bleachers, causing all three of them to turn their heads. Niall stood up when he saw who it was, Eleanor and Zayn stayed sitting, smirking. Louis wanted to slap those smirks off their faces.

“Louis! I need to—“ Niall blurted once Louis got to the bottom of the bleachers.

“No Niall! You can’t explain this one.” Louis got in Niall’s face, practically feeling Niall’s heat as he yelled at him. “I don’t care if you didn’t hurt him! I don’t care if he slipped and hurt himself! I don’t care!” Louis was almost spitting the words at Niall, shoving him and making him back up into the handrail of the bleachers. There was nowhere for him to run now. “You were going to hurt Harry. You were going to beat him up. I thought I told you not to touch him. If you ever even think of laying a finger on him, I will kill you.”

Niall looked scared. “I’m sorry” he choked out.

“You’re sorry?!?” Louis screamed in his face. Zayn finally stood up now, apparently deciding that this showdown wasn’t entertaining enough.

“Dude, Niall was just trying to show you—“

Zayn’s words were cut off by Louis turning around and punching him square in the nose. He stumbled backwards and tripped on his own feet, sending him to the ground. He was holding his nose, blood was coming out. It was definitely broken. Louis never felt more satisfied in his life.

“Oh my god!” Eleanor stood up and covered her mouth, looking down at Zayn, who was struggling to stand and stop the bleeding at the same time. Suddenly she looked up at Louis, anger in her eyes. “You are definitely not going to get away with this, Louis. No one laid a hand on your boyfriend. You had no reason to hit him. When the dean finds out—“

“Oh would you just shut the fuck up already??”

They all spun. That voice hadn’t come from Louis, although he was thinking the same exact thing.

Louis’s jaw dropped when he saw none other than Liam Payne standing behind him, backpack slung over one shoulder, his other hand in a fist. This was the first time Louis had ever seen him angry, or really the first time he had seen him with a look other than confusion or, well, intelligence.

“Shut the fuck up?! I don’t even know your name kid.” Eleanor approached Liam, who was looking a bit less angry and more regretful, like he wasn’t sure what he had been thinking. Niall was shrinking against the bleachers, watching with wide eyes. Zayn was checking his reflection, making sure he got all the blood, although his nose was seriously crooked.

“Well I…” Liam stuttered, obviously trying to figure out where to go from here. “Harry is my friend, and Louis is supposed to be yours” he looked at all of them when he said that, getting some furious looks in return. “What does Louis being gay have to do with any of you anyway??”