○ 2.3 :: Suspicious ○

Dedicated to @Sierra182 for adding this to her reading list :) x

*

"Thanks for the ride," I told Dylan, unbuckling my seatbelt. "I appreciate it."

"Yeah, well... don't expect me to do it every time," he jokingly warned.

"Àsshole," I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"One day your face will get stuck like that," he told me, "and I'll be there to take pictures and post them all over social media."

I gasped and he laughed, making my serious facade slip. "Dìckhead," I muttered.

"That's me," Dylan joked. We laughed for a few more moments before silence fell over the car.

"Dyl?"

"Yeah?"

I took a deep breath, mustering up the courage to ask the question that had been bugging me since I'd witnessed Liam reaction to him. "What'supbetweenyouandtheboys?"

Dylan frowned, obviously not understanding my rushed gibberish. "Uh, sorry, I don't speak Flash," he said sarcastically. "Could you maybe... I don't know... slow that the fùck down?"

I sighed. "What's up between you and the boys?"

"The boys?" He asked, but I knew he knew exactly what I meant by the way he stiffened and turned in his seat to face the front.

"Well, Harry doesn't like you," I informed him, but like I expected Dylan didn't look the least bit hurt or surprised. "And, you and Niall don't like each other. You practically shàt yourself outside the frat house and didn't want to come to the door with me, and then Liam seemed pissed that I was with you," I listed. "And I'd be willing to bet that Louis doesn't like you either."

He ran a hand through his hair. When Harry does that, it's much hotter. "Yeah, he doesn't," Dylan admitted.

"Why does everyone hate you?"

"They don't hate me..." Dylan defended.

I raised an eyebrow.

He sighed. "Okay, so they hate me. What's the big deal?"

"Dylan O'Brien."

"What?" He answered without looking at me.

"Tell me why they hate you," I ordered, crossing my arms over my chest.

"It's nothing!"

I dropped my hands, gripping the edge of my seat. "Harry told me that you were 'dangerous' and to stay away from you, for fùck sake!"

Dylan's eyes suddenly met mine, the intensity in them silencing me immediately. "You should probably listen to him," he told me quietly.

"What? No! You're my friend-"

Dylan turned back to the front, placing one hand on the wheel. "You're going to be late for work."

"What? No I'm not-"

"Kat."

I fell silent. "Didn't you say you needed a new book?"

"I'll get it some other time," he dismissed.

"But-"

"I'm friends with someone they don't like, okay?" He blurted.

More silence.

"That's it?"

Dylan grimaced. "Not exactly..." he confessed. "I've gotta admit: he's not a great guy."