○ 4.6 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Read First A/N Pls○

Early update bc i took like a month off

So I've finally decided that this chapter is taking place mid November. The week Harry disappeared fell during half-term (which in england falls on the last week of October), so pretend that the party Kat went to with Priya where Priya met Zayn and Harry showed up was a Halloween party. I'll go back and write that in when I can be bothered. It's been two weeks since Harry came back, in case that isn't clear during the chapter. I hope this makes a little more sense.

Dedicated to ColdLineChing bc I'm guessing you used to be @ItchyElbowzz bc I tried to find her comments and I don't remember you commenting

*

"Oh, for fùck's sake," I muttered, untangling the now useless hairband from where it had gotten lost in the forest of frizz on my head. "Every single time." Sighing, I made my way to my bedside table where I kept my stash of hairbands, pulling open the drawer to find nothing. I had none left.

"For fu-"

There was a knock on the door, stopping me mid-yell. Grumbled curses left my lips as I stomped to the door, yanking it open with more force than necessary.

"Um, hey," Harry greeted, and with a small, awkward wave of his hand I felt all my anger slip away. He was wearing navy basketball shorts paired with the usual black t-shirt - plus those all black Converse I hardly ever got to see him wear.

"Hi," I said softly, stepping aside. "Come in."

The awkward tension in the room bore heavy on my shoulders as I walked to my drawers to fetch some socks, and Harry busied hismself taking off his Converse. I knew it was my fault for making him suffer, but I was determined to stand my ground and not give in like I always did when he messed up - even if it hurt me just as much as it was hurting him.

"Do you have to answer the door dressed like that?" Harry groaned.

I glanced down at my baggy t-shirt only just brushing the tops of my thighs and leaving my pale legs bare for all to see. I was almost certain my underwear showed whenever I moved, too - which I understood could be a potential problem. And yet, sleeping trouser-less brought a notion of freedom that was impossible during the day, only acceptable when alone behind closed doors. I wasn't giving that little taste of freedom away for anybody; it was much more comfortable this way, anyway. Plus, I had gone on out on my first real shopping spree using the money from Gemma's and bought a shìt ton of cute underwear so that I could dress like this to bed without Harry making fun of my underwear like he had so many times before.

"This is how I sleep," I reminded him, wiggling my toes in my fluffy socks. "Got a hairband?"

"Uh, yeah, actually. Here," Harry offered, pulling a black elastic off of his wrist to hold out to me.

I quickly secured my hair into a bun I was going to pretend was intentionally messy. "Thanks."

"No problem."

I clambered into bed and watched Harry flick the lights off and do the same opposite me - in the bed that once belonged to Frida. He pulled his sunglasses off his head and placed them on her old bedside table, flicking off the lamp next to him so that the light from mine only accentuated the shadows on his face. "Night, Harry."

"Goodnight, Kat."

And then I fell asleep.

***