○ 4.5 :: Gold (me) Is a Horrible, Irresponsible Person ○

It's been like a month pls kill me

Dedicated to queen-kidrauhl

OHANA

*aggressively adopts all of you*

*

"I don't know how I'm going to remember all these dates," Liam sighed. "When did the Cold War start again?"

"1946?" I guessed. "It started straight after World War Two, didn't it?"

He groaned. "This is so stupid. It wasn't even a real war!"

"Tell me about it," I muttered. "I feel like Mrs Greene will uncover her massive baby bump and shoot lasers at us with her belly button if we don't do this, though."

Harry chuckled from his place across the table, hunkered down over his own book. He had a textbook open next to him, but I had a feeling he wasn't writing an assignment judging by the fact that he hadn't looked at it once. The book he was writing in was leather-bound, too worn and personal-looking to be one of his notebooks for class.

"That woman's mood swings are out of control," Liam agreed.

We studied our books for few more silent seconds before I huffed and slammed it shut. "Fùck this."

"Amen," Liam mumbled, following suit and pushing the book away.

"What now?"

On cue, my stomach grumbled, and I realised I hadn't eaten anything except painkillers since I'd woken up a few hours before.

"Good call," I nodded, placing one hand over my stomach.

"I always forget that you're not one of us," Liam commented. He turned to look at Harry, who was frowning at me. "Is it just me?"

"No," Harry murmured, placing his pen in the middle of his journal before closing it. "What do you want to eat?" he asked me, pushing his chair back so he could stand. I stood, too, shaking my head.

"I can do it," I declined.

Harry looked like he was about to protest, but decided against it. "Fine," he sighed. I knew he wanted to make up for disappearing and for the nightmares that hadn't been his fault, but I could make breakfast by myself.

I grabbed two slices of bread and put them in the toaster, then grabbed the nutella from the cupboard and leaned against the counter to wait. Harry flicked on the kettle. "What are you doing?"

He shot me a confused look. "Making tea?"

I wrinkled my nose in disbelief. "You drink tea?"

Harry raised an eyebrow at me, grabbing a mug, a teabag, and some milk. "Yes...?"

"Like... tea?" I repeated. "As in you sit down and sip tea?"

"I know right? It's weird," Liam said from behind me.

Harry shuffled slightly on his feet. "Why do you seem so puzzled?"

"Because you're... intimidating to say the least, and you just..." I squinted at him as I tried to imagine it. "You mean to say that after a long day or whatever, you sit down in your sunglasses and kick your feet up with a warm mug of tea?"

Liam snickered.

"What's wrong with that?" Harry asked, seeming genuinely confused.

"Do you drink it with biscuits?"