○ 5.0 :: Rooftops and Adam Sandler ○

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 16K OMGGGG

We're fifty bloody chapters in and I love you guys but the re-write is definitely due because I want this book to be long but not The Holy Scriptures long

HARRY CUT HIS HAIR EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'M IN SHOCK

YOU KNOW THOSE SOULMATE AU'S WHERE THE WORLD IS IN BLACK AND WHITE UNTIL YOU MEET YOUR SOULMATE AND IT GOES BACK WHEN THEY DIE???

I FEEL LIKE I WAS JUST CHILLING ALONE AND MY WORLD WENT BACK TO BLACK AND WHITE

he donated it tho what a sweetie

I'm not ready for the reveal picture guys I'm not ready

***

Peace.

It was something I hadn't felt in a while, but it was unmistakeably what I was feeling as I restocked the shelves at Gemma's on that Frida evening. The radio was playing, some oldie's station playing eighties classics I vaguely recognised, and Anne had called it a night and retreated upstairs with a cup of tea after informing me that she didn't feel well, but I felt surprisingly content. The large windows at the front of the shop were paying off, allowing the setting sun to bathe everything in its warm orange glow. And I was happy. My singing was horrible and off-key, and there were still another three boxes of books to unpack, and there was still a bloodthirsty maniac on my back, but I was happy. Plus, Harry would be there soon.

Right on cue, the bell chimed, and even without knowing who had just a arrived, there was a shift in the atmosphere that let me know it was the man I'd been awaiting. It was something I was sure he overlooked, but Harry had the sort of presence that demanded attention. Even when he tried to blend into the background, he stood out; he drew you to him without either of you noticing.

He didn't make a sound as he made his way towards me, but before long the scent of his cologne engulfed me, much like his arms were. "Hey, baby."

I put one more book on the shelf just so he wouldn't see the deranged smile on my face, before spinning round in his grasp and laying a kiss on the tip of his nose. "Hi," I responded, voice much more breathless than I had intended. A smile crept across Harry's cheeks, eyes glittering as his lips landing on mine again and again.

"You taste like chocolate," he observed. "I missed you."

"And I missed you," I grinned, hands migrating from their place on his chest to his broad shoulders. "How were your classes?"

"I don't want to talk about class," he huffed, the light flooding in from the window sharpening every angle in his chiseled face and lighting his hair on fire. I was on fire.

Harry's gaze wandered to the window, visibly lost in thought. "The sun is setting," he said absent-mindedly, setting his eyes back on me. The fire within me dimmed as he removed his arms from around me, but flickered once more as he took my hand. "Come with me."