*A month later*

A month old little Reese Benner is born two days after his father's passing. Five year old William and two year old Aidan not even understanding why their father is never coming back.
James promising himself to never be the captain of another boat again deicides to instead, create ship designs and sell them to the factories who will create them.
Edith Kenward and Rosa Benner have bonded over the past month and have helped each other when in need.
Nicklaus Benner, the eight year old son of Rosa and Agrawald, finds himself hating James more and more with each passing day for thinking that James is the one responsible for killing his father. The more he believes it was him, the more he forgets that it was an accident.
On several occasions, the Benner's and the Kenwards have gotten together. William, Aidan, Eve, and Frances have become good friends and bug their parents to arrange another play date. During those times, Nick would sit in the corner of the room and stare seriously into the distance, not thinking of anything but his father. When told to play, he'd go to the fields and pick the wheat.
A couple days later, as Nicklaus was picking wheat, he finds himself slowly looking up and staring at a girl.
She looks to be his age but appears to be a little too skinny. She has short, shiny black hair just like his except her hair is clearly not brushed and kinda curly in a messy way. Her dress looks homemade and dirty compared to Frances and Eve's dresses.
James being the boy he is asks,
"Do you live outside?"
"No, me and my Pa live in the poor are of town." She replies quietly, barely audible.
"Well first of all, the proper talking manner, it's my Pa and I. Secondly, is your mother dead like my father? And finally, would you like to come over for supper? My mother says I need friends. Now I can show her I have one." Realizing how much talking he's done, he concludes by introducing himself. "My name is Nicklaus Benner. You may call me Nick seeming everyone calls me that anyways."
"My name is Natasha Manovin. Yes, my mother died because she gave me life. That's what Pa says. You say your name is Benner. Are you the boy of that captain from the shipwreck?"
"Yes. My brothers don't understand that he'll be gone forever but our mother still cries every night."
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't say stuff like that. Where is you family?"
"We are visiting the Kenward family."