Here we go again.

So I'm at square one with Nick. I think even worse than that now that he knows what I'm up to.
I still have "my aged men" coming to the door asking fore my hand but I won't give up on Nick. I just have to slow down my plans. Baby steps. Possibly slower.
At home I try and act as normal as I can.
David is a life savior. My long distance running champion of a brother runs to take a peek at Nick's house for me. Not in a stalker kind of way, but more to see if any of his interests show in the occasional glances of Nick as he enters or leaves his home. It's the least I can do while he gets over his anger at me from the night before.
"You're gonna love this one."
"David! Stop sneaking up on me like that!"
"Guess what I found out? I'll just tell you. I was walking around his house. Before you get mad at me, I over heard his conversation with another man. He had an accent and also had a temper. He told Nick that he wants the ship returned to his family. Nick then said that he sold e thing long ago. Through the window I saw the man's silhouette get ans into Nick's face. Well, as close as he could get anyway. The man looked very puny compared to Nick."
"Proceed with what they were saying David. I ain't go all day you know."
"Well you sort of do since you stay in the house all day-"
"David!"
"Ok, ok. He told Nick that he saw his mother dusting it off in her home. Nick then said that he better not touch his mother. The man then said, or what? Nick then picked up the man and threw him out of his house. He yelled to Nick from outside that he has until midnight to bring the bottle to his ship. That's when I snuck behind the large bush that obviously hasn't been trimmed in forever and came running to you."
"So the man wants a ship and a bottle?"
"No bird brain! He wants a ship in a bottle!"
What would someone want with a bottled ship?
"Oh! Another thing, while coming home, I ran into a group of men near the market with the same accent as the man talking to Nick. They were talking about an amulet placed in the middle of the ship."
"It's not just an amulet. It's been in the Benner family for centuries. The amulet opens a chest which was stolen from Rosa when I was around twelve. I remember it being a big problem but Rosa wasn't as worried because she still had the key. In the chest is a map to a cove full of treasures. Mother explained to me that it was meant for the Benner family, only in time of need."
"You mean if they need money?"
"That would be in time of need. The problem here is that somehow, whoever those people are, they found out about all of the treasure and humans being as greedy as they are, want it."
"Wow. And I thought the ship was some sort of rare collectible."
"I didn't think they would keep the key in such an easy place. We have to warn Rosa."
"I'm sure she'll find out before we can even get to her house. Nick has probably already arrived there. I should still go over there to make sure everything is fine."
"I'm not going?"
"You need to cover for me. Just in case Mother needs me. Father's too disappointed in me to talk to me."
"Be safe."
"Thanks I guess. I'm just going to see what's going on. I'll be back before you know it."