*same night*

With my mother's loud voice, a deep speaking, fluent French man, and the doorbell, I concluded that my sister arrived with her husband. To my surprise, they didn't stay very long. I snuck halfway down stairs while they were talking.
After they left, my parents were planning on a way to get Nick to open up. Once again surprising me, my father was helping. I will never understand the way my parents work.
Jane went to bed just after I left, according to my brother and I'm gonna guess that instead of being my back up, he fell asleep on the job since I hadn't seen him anywhere when I came and when I checked in his room, he was sound asleep in his bed. Thanks David, thank you very much.

When I was sure that my parents were sleeping, I threw on my flats, knowing that I had quite a walk in front of me. I also changed into my most revealing dress. Mostly pink with white ruffled trimming and a lowered squared neck, showing more cleavage than I normally would with my other dresses. I put on a matching necklace and brushed through my hair the fifth time, just to be sure.
Once out of the house, I made it over to Nick's house in a record breaking time. Oddly, I found him sitting on his front porch steps.
"I had a feeling you'd be showing up."
"Is that why you're out here? And if you knew I'd be coming, why would you be here? I thought you wanted nothing to do with me."
"Very true but to tell you the truth, I couldn't help myself but to stay."
That somehow got to me and I moved closer to sit next to him. Thankfully, he didn't move when I did.
"So you like me then."
"Who doesn't? Seriously."
"Well I'm not sure who doesn't like me. I guess you're right."
"I'm always right."
"No. I wouldn't say always. I'm right where you are wrong."
Nick only stares at me and I start to fiddle with my fingers.
"Why did you come here?"
"To tell you the truth, I came to try and well, I don't even know myself." I reply honestly.
"You had no come all the way here for a reason. To see me? To try and seduce me?" That definitely made me blush. Thank God it's dark out. It took me a while to figure out how to escape this awkward moment but I finally got it. Before I could second guess what I was about to do, I bolted from the step and ran off. Doing just what I'd hoped he'd do, Nick gets up and follows me. Thank God I chose the flats.
As I sprint down the road, originally planning to go to the park, I notice a side trail. I turn into it and slow down, enough for him to catch me. I hope this works.
Sure enough, we both go crashing down as he catches me, causing a tear on the sleeve of my dress.
"Oops!" I say sarcastically while laughing.
"You're... A fast... Runner!" He says in between deep inhales and exhales as he tries to catch his breath.
"You followed me."
"So? I wanted to know where you wee going."
"Excuses! You like me."
"As much as it pains me, yes. I do like you. A lot. But how will I know that I can trust you? You might not think much of it now, but I have no money to support us for a real life. Then just like Natasha, you'll leave me for another man. It's not you, it's me so stop trying so hard. I'm also nine years older than you. You only make it harder."
"What? Harder to resist me? That's exactly what I'm trying to do!" While I was saying that, we were both getting up and dusting ourselves off from the fall.
"I can't take it anymore! Whenever I forget about you, you reappear. Whenever I'm thinking about you, I'd wish you'd be here with me but I automatically take it back, thinking back to Natahsa and what she did!"
"Do you know how frustrating this is?" Slightly loosing hope, I turn and start walking home, trying to stop myself, but failing, from crying.
"Where are you going?" He yells at me.
"You're not my mother!" Throwing back what he had said to me not so long ago.
"Well obviously! I'm a man!" And with that, he made me burst out in laughter. I really didn't think he had that kind of humor in him. I then feel arms wrap around me. Is he really giving in? Or is he just testing me like the kiss? Either way, it feels calm and reliving having somebody hug me. Having him hug me.
"Nicklaus, what are you doing?"
No reply.
As I turn to face him, I notice a body of water and a lonely sailboat drifting off. I also notice a pair of wild horses. The. I feel something warm near my ear and all thoughts freeze. What is happening? Then I notice Nick leaning in to kiss me. I was asking myself why this is happening when I think, who cares? I'm a step closer to being with him.
He draws me in closer and our bodies touch. His kiss then deepens and my knees become weak. Why does that happen?
We go back down to the ground, although this time, a bit softer considering I'm on Nick. Wait what? I pull back to catch my breath and regain my conscious.
"What's wrong?" He asks me.
"Nothing. I just... Are you testing me again?"
"No. I'm not sure. I just need you."
"English please and not guy language?"
"If I hadn't know Natasha, I would have married you the second I saw you at your ceremony and we dance. I would have kept kissing you in your bathroom if my mind hadn't thought of Natasha. I don't know how to get rid of her in my head and I won't be able to move on before I do! This is all just so frustrating! I wish I had just stayed friends with her instead of marrying her because I thought we were friends!"
"But you two were friends. She just got greedy. It happens, it ruins friendships, and it's even worse that it happened to you. I've never been what you've been through but the least I can do is help. As a friend at least. One more thing. Do you think you could cool it down a little with my father? I heard them talking before I left and he's afraid you won't listen to him."
"Do you think that would help me?"
"It's worth a try. Tomorrow, stop by. If you know where to get a ship in a bottle, I would suggest getting one for him. He has a collection in his "work room". I think that should cool stuff down a little. Also, only ring the doorbell once."
"Why would I ring it more than once?"
"I'm just saying."
We then head off to our separate homes, me being completely satisfied with the night.