Chapter 14

We finished the rest of the Romeo and Juliet for English class today. Mr. Pearce handed out the questions that we could choose in writing our essays. Looking at the material, I was choosing what question I would like to answer and write an essay on, while the others were busy watching the movie; I was already starting on mine. At least I would have something to do than daydream, and get lost on my own thoughts.

I’ve been daydreaming a lot, and I feel like I have covered everything on my mind, and therefore, there’s nothing else I could think of. Not right now.

Spending the time writing on my essay, I rarely even looked up to check on Mr. Pearce. I did once but his gaze was glued on some papers he had on his desk. Unlike the previous meeting, we didn’t have a conversation with our eyes and mouths, we were both busy. It’s not like I was waiting for it to happen again, but I thought it was nice. He wasn’t like any other teacher. With him, I feel like I can confide in him, and he’ll listen. He even knows the deal between Jason and I. I guess that’s how close we are that I can tell him anything, and ask for his opinion.

The movie ended the same time as the bell rang. The lights were turned back on, and Mr. Pearce reminded everyone of the essay, which will be due in 2 days. He gave us time to work on it which is good, even though I’m halfway done.

Mr. Pearce seems like he isn’t himself today. He has been awfully quiet and serious, even the other students have noticed his lack of communication and interest on us. He wasn’t his usual witty self, making the students full of energy with his dashing smile; instead, he looked like he was under the weather, too serious for his own good.

Curious by his state, I stayed behind even though he didn’t ask me to, and as usual, Amy gave me the looks like something was happening between us.

John was seated on his chair, still checking the papers, when I walked towards him. I was walking in the middle of the room, with a book on my hand; my bag was hanging on my shoulder.

“Mr. Pearce, are you alright?”

He looked up and saw me, checking him out. He usually would smirk and ask me if I like what I’m seeing, but he didn’t, taking him some time to answer. “Yeah.”

“You seem a bit off…”

“Just tired. Go to your next class, you might be late.” He said, pointing at the clock, the bell sounded off on cue.

“Okay, well I’ll see you later.” I’m definitely referring to the workshop.

My next class went amazing, we dissected frogs. No, I was absolutely kidding. I hated frogs! I just I can’t be with them in the same room without screaming my lungs out. Of course, every girl in the room was shrieking, and it was the first time that it wasn’t because the teacher was hot, it was because of that animal.

Even with gloves on, I can’t do it. And it’s not helping that Jason is my lab partner because this time he isn’t saving me like he normally do. Since that dinner I had with him, which happened weeks ago, we haven’t talk. I know it’s totally my fault why he’s mad at me, but I’m still finding the right time to work things out. First, I need to know what I wanted to do with my life after high school, and I have to solve that soon.

But I guess being the gentleman that Jason is, he helped me out with that frog. I swear I tried so many times to hold and slice it up, I simply can’t without running around the room, and staying on top of the chair, screaming for my life. Total embarrassment.

And then now, Jason and I were late for gym class, after that hectic science lab experiment. Never again will I dissect frogs, nor be in the same room with them. Never, I tell you, never.  *evil laugh*