Chapter 17

True enough, Amy knew what I meant when I told her that Mr. John Pearce hasn’t been the same with me, when she saw how we were not conversing like we used to. He saw how Mr. Pearce changed, compared to when we watched Romeo and Juliet before, now he wasn’t looking at me, or asking if I was okay. I’m just a regular student, and Amy has to get that on her head. She did after seeing how much things changed.

Sometimes I want to see what’s going on inside Amy’s head. Sure, she dropped the ‘thing’ with John, but then she suddenly jumped into conclusions that maybe she was wrong, and was confused because right now I’m having this close teacher-student relationship with Lenny.

And as she was about to tell me her proposition, I stopped her. “First of all, I don’t like him that way. Second, he is 100% unavailable.”

“He is? Omg! That’s hot!” And this time, I knocked on her head three times. I have no idea where Amy’s usual self went, and this is making me mad, crazy mad.

“Amy… Tell me what’s wrong with you, and why are you suddenly attracted to my love life?”

“Because it is so challenging, illegal love, you know.”

“You’re dreaming. Wake up.”

“If anyone’s dreaming here, it would be you. Just admit you have feelings for one of the twins, no for the English one.”

If I love someone right now, it would have been the school bell. All day, Amy has been bombarding me with love questions and who do I have feelings for, and right now I am grateful for the school bell that have just rung, meaning end of school, and I can now run away from her.

“The day had ended but it doesn’t mean I’ll let this go!” She shouted as I ran away from her, going to the opposite side of the building, and out the gate.

I ran as fast as I could, heading my way to the community center. It hasn’t started yet, way too early to be there. The workshop usually starts an hour after school, so the attendees and the coaches will have time to prepare.

Walking inside, I saw some of the boys were already there at the back of the room preparing the things needed for today. Lenny had come in after me, but John was still missing in action. The attendees came in 10 minutes before the start, and he was still missing. Normally, he would be here after school, which was 50 minutes ago.

Lukas stood in front of the room and motioned everyone to get up because we were starting. Music was turned on, and at a count of three, Lukas showed us the steps for today. I was standing at my usual spot, the last row, near the boys. We still joke around even if I was dancing and trying to concentrate on the steps, some will remark on how I’m doing, mostly it was Eman and Paulie, and we would end up disturbing everyone and end up laughing.

Today wasn’t the case though. I wasn’t in the mood. My gaze wandered around looking for him. Why wasn’t he had come out yet. Lenny was now in front, which means he would probably have another thing scheduled, and I have no idea where he was because I can’t ask anyone, and no one was telling us where John was.

And then I got my answer. The door blasted open, and he came in… holding a lady’s hand. “Sorry guys, I’m late.”

Given a 5-minute break so John can prepare, he led out his lady to one of the chairs behind and she sat down. She eyed him happily, her eyes showed a glint of happiness, as well as her lips. She was pretty, had a long black hair, combed perfectly to one side, revealing one of her flawless shoulder. She was pale white, barely had makeup on, not that she needed it because like I said she was pretty, model-like. The only thing I noticed was her red lipstick; it was too red like an apple but suits her innocence. She had a white tank top, matched with a floral skirt, and strappy heels, making her look like a beautiful doll.