Chapter 34

The last time I had a good laugh was with John, and sadly, it was also the day my world was starting to crumble. Karma, as what we call it.

This was like payment for me being happy with him. Most of my life I was a mess, and then he comes and makes me complete. He fixed me up and never gave up no matter how broken I was. But now that he’s gone, I feel the pain and rejection ten times stronger than before. And I’m not even kidding.

Without him, I feel broken again, maybe even dead. Thinking ahead, I’m not even sure how my life will pull through, how I will end up. I wonder what future I’ll have, or would I even have one.

“Never knew you were bipolar…” Blaze sighed beside me, though I knew he meant it as a joke.

We were still sitting inside the library, and I got scared when the bell rang, indicating lunch was done, and it was time for English class. I don’t think I can ever go back in his classroom and act normally. Everything changed since that day he took me away to protect me. He was my savior, but now it felt like he too gave up on me.

I was alone. Again.

“Do you want to skip class?” Blaze asked and I nodded. It was my only way out.

We left the library ten minutes after the bell rang to avoid anyone that would see us skipping classes. I sent a text to Stacy while we were waiting, telling her I had to move out of Tasha’s apartment, and she can have a choice to stay there or go back to Aunt Lisa’s house, hoping she would leave me alone because I needed space away from everyone. Luckily, our house was still available and hasn’t been sold so I’m going to stay there in the meantime.

Blaze led me to his ride at the parking lot. It was a motorcycle, a combination of black, red, and silver. I believe it was a Honda, or something. I’m not good with motorcycles, and I haven’t ridden in one, until now.

He gave me his helmet, and helped me with it. It was kind of big. “Never knew you had a big head.”

“It would be funny if I had a small head with this body.” He laughed and flexed in front of me. I was completely embarrassed. Good thing, no one was around to see the show.

Slapping him in his arms was the indication I wanted to leave right away. Feeling that the more he stalled, the more we will get caught and end up in detention instead. He first sat on his motorcycle, and helped me get up behind him.

“Be sure to hug me so you wouldn’t fall off.” Even if he wasn’t looking at me, I could sense a smirk in his voice, thinking this was going on his favour.

“Why did I even accept this offer?” I rolled my eyes, and he let out a chuckle.

“Because you want to spend more time with me.” Partly true, though really I just want to get away.

He started the engine as we were both ready. I didn’t know where we were going, but ended up in our neighborhood. We went to his home to retrieve his car. He said he thinks it would be better if we went around in his car instead as I nod in agreement. I do love the speed of that motorcycle, but I don’t want to die from a heart attack from it.

“So where do you want to go?” He asked. His gaze was set in front of us, the road to which the car would move when I have decided.

“I need to get my stuff from a friend’s apartment first. Then I don’t know where to after. I don’t want to go home yet.” I explained and he nodded.

Giving him the address to Tasha’s apartment, he entered it on his GPS and followed the directions. Soon, we arrived and I bumped into Tasha on the way inside to get my things. At first she was surprised I was home early today, but little did she know, I skipped and was about to leave the apartment.