Chapter 23

Have you ever felt like a lost puppy, unsure of what to do or where to go?

Well you might have guessed because that is how I’m feeling right now. After meeting up with my Aunt Lisa, John drove me and Stacy to Tasha’s house. I can’t believe why of all people I’m staying at Tasha’s house. Why is life so cruel? I think I would rather be at home and get beaten up again because at least I know how to get away from dad’s view, by locking myself inside the room and not getting in his way. Unlike with Tasha, I barely know her and I don’t want to, besides the fact she is irritating. If you could see how much she flirts with John every time they’re together is sickening. Plus the fact I’m going to live with her, what kind of poison she will serve me now that she’s much closer to me.

But actually I feel more like a criminal, hiding away from house to house, to get away from my rival killer which is dad. Though I’m pretty sure, I’m on the good side here.

 “Are you two okay staying together in the room in the meantime?” Tasha asked Stacy and I. She was preparing one of the rooms with John, and she just checked if we’re fine with it, like we have a choice, but I’d rather have Stacy near me, so I know she’s not harmed or anything.

Stacy answered for us when she realized I haven’t said a word. “Yeah, that’s fine.”

“Okay then.” She said in a high pitched voice, indicating she was excited she’s having us over. She went back to the room they were fixing, and after a few minutes, both came out.

“The room’s ready!” Tasha exclaimed, and pulled Stacy out of my sight. Shrugging, I felt John sit beside me.

“Are you okay?” Yes, of course, I am so okay! Now I can see you two closely flirting with each other since I live with your girlfriend. I wanna beat my own head for having these thoughts. I mean, seriously Kayla, of all people why did you choose to fall in love with your teacher who would only see you as his student?

“What do you think?” I snapped at him, and then regretted by his expression. Please don’t let the puppy dog out! Put it back!

“I know I’m sorry.” He muttered, looking down.

“No, I’m sorry.” I quickly said, and his expression of sadness left his face.

We were then interrupted by Tasha, as she walked out of the hallway, with Stacy following her behind. “So is anyone hungry?” She asked. Is it just me or is she jumping up and down, or am I just feeling light headed?

I looked over to John, and had an Is-she-always-this-crazy kind of look, but then he just stared at me. So I guess my expression wasn’t visible enough for him to read.

“Umm… what about our clothes?” Stacy asked, and Tasha has the solution of letting us borrow her clothes since we’re all the same size. No way am I going to take her clothes.

Wait… Wait… Wait… Why am I so mad at Tasha?!? It’s not like I’m with John. If someone has to be mad here, it should be her, for us staying here because her boyfriend asks her to.

I don’t know why, but I’m feeling so mad and angry at her, the first time I’ve seen her!

“You’re just jealous!” A voice interrupted my thoughts. My ears followed the sound and saw Lenny smiling at me. Wow! Did I completely zone out that I didn’t notice he was actually sitting beside me instead of John?

“When did you get here?” Raising my eyebrows, waiting for him to respond.

“The same time you were dreaming off… getting jealous of Tasha and John are we?” He teased. What? What? What?