Chapter 25

Waking up from my sleep felt amazing, even though I slept later than I usually do, I wasn’t tired at all. Definitely in a good mood, despite the problems we have right now.

“Someone’s chirpy…” Stacy said while stretching her arms wide. “Did something illicitly fun happened last night while I was sleeping?” She thought, emphasizing on “illicitly fun”.

Ha! Nice try, sister.

Ignoring her comments, I stretched out, and then headed to the bathroom to freshen up before going out of the room.

Once I was out, the hallway smelled of freshly brewed coffee. Crackling sound from a heated pan can be heard throughout the house.

Tasha’s apartment was simple, yet it was, I guess, relaxing. There wasn’t noise surrounding us, peaceful indeed. It was a bungalow type of house plainly covered with white walls and ceilings. There are three bedrooms, one of them served as her storage compartment, and the other one, the room we were staying at, was her guest room. Both the guest room and the master’s bedroom have bathrooms inside, but there were also a half-bathroom across her storage room.

The only color in the house would come from her decorations and some furniture, although it was mostly the basic colors, black and red. Her leather couch was black, with a matching armchair and loveseat. Her couch looked like the ones with posh cup holders in the middle, perfect for watching a movie on the wall-mounted television. A glass top and metal base coffee table was in the middle of the room. Two star shaped candy dishes were on the both sides of the table, with colorful wrapped peppermints.

Her living room was full of pictures of her family and friends. She also has a collection of fashion magazines on one corner beside the leather couch, and a silver base lamp was sitting on top of a wooden end table on the other side. Modern and well cleaned.

Heading my way to the kitchen, my hand trailed to the wall dividing the living room from the kitchen. This was the brightest room of the house. Styled with modern equipments, it was like being in one of the hottest cooking show on television. I would positively love to cook at this kitchen, equipped with everything you might need.

“Hey, you hungry?” My thoughts were suddenly washed away when a shirtless and smiling, no, no, I mean smirking John Pearce decided to pop his head from under the counters. Shirtless.

If you’re going to jump on the counter right now, and shake your body, I mean dance, then yes I am hungry. Omg. What! The thoughts in my head of him dancing though has been occupying my mind, drifting me away from the real world.

“What are we having?” I asked, ignoring the scrumptious meat in front of me.

“Oh I don’t know what you like so I made some bacon, ham, sausages, omelet, waffles and toasts.” That’s a lot, considering he would be sharing with three girls. I doubt we can all finish what he made.

“There’s also brewed coffee.” He said and pointed to the corner where the coffee machine was.

“There’s juice in the fridge, or milk, or water, whichever you like.” He continued and smiled. I feel like we’re in a restaurant now, Breakfast Ala John Pearce.

“Are you throwing a party or something?” I asked while looking at the plates of dishes he made on the counter. 

“You didn’t eat last night so I thought you…”

“But I don’t eat this much, and perhaps with Tasha and Stacy combined, we wouldn’t be able to finish half of what you cooked, unless Tasha has a big appetite.” I interjected. Though, I highly doubt because she has a perfect body with curves at the right places. Yes, I have to check her out because I was sort of comparing myself to her of how perfect she was for John.