Chapter 1

Lestat's POV

I woke up knowing that today was going to be a bad day. It's 6 months until my father, the vampire king comes to find me. In that time period I will have become the new king with a beautiful queen by my side. However, the only trouble I have with the second part is the fact that I don't know anybody, let alone know any girls. Go on say I'm screwed, I know you're just dying to. Having said that I'm the one that's going to be dying; if I don't get something sorted (trying is not an option), in 6 months I will officially be D-E-A-D dead!. The thing that pisses me off the most is the time frame that I've been given. I know my father doesn't waste any time but 6 months!, what the hell. It's all total bullshit if you ask me but I guess I just have to get on with it. Going back to my original point, I DON'T KNOW ANY FUCKING GIRLS!. I have always lived by vampire law and our law states that ALL VAMPIRES ARE TO STAY WELL AWAY FROM HUMAN CIVILIZATION!. The little bit in small print goes like this: ANY VAMPIRE FOUND TO BE VIOLATING THIS ONE RULE, WILL PAY SEVERLY FOR THEIR ACTIONS. I have never violated that rule and I don't intend to do so!. However, if I am to find a girl to be my future queen, I need to somehow bend the rules a little. As they always say, desperate times call for desperate measures and I am a desperate man very desperate at this point. I'm sorry what was that?, you said something just then, could you please repeat that!. Never-mind, I have to go because I have somewhere to be.

20 minutes later...

I don't like the look of this place, it seems somewhat out of sorts so to speak. I kept thinking to myself, I really shouldn't be here but I am determined to do what I feel is necessary. If you are wondering where I am I shall tell you. I am at school; I figured that if I enrolled at a school I could maybe get to know some of the people here. I entered the building fearing for myself whilst uttering the words, control yourself Lestat. According to my father, humans are the worst creatures on earth but I disputed that by mentioning my mother. That was the only time I would ever disagree on something with my father. When my father mentions my mother, I get worked up inside and sometimes I'd want to kill my father because of it. Whenever he talks about my mother, I sit in front of him with anticipation and begin to wonder what he's going to say.

10 minutes later... Lestat gets a phone call...

Lestat: Hello? 

Lestat's father: Son it's your father

Lestat: Hello father...

Lestat's father: Why are you among humans at a school?

-Lestat begins to wonder how his father knew that-

Lestat: Mother has decided I should enrol in school father and you always told me to listen to your mother so I have

Lestat's father: I guess I cannot argue with that... all I can say son is control your thirst, don't touch anyone and please for all times sake try not to talk to anyone other than your teachers & your principal!!!

Lestat: I will try father but I can't say it will be easy... Father I have to go, bye

Lestat's father: Goodbye son.

I really want to know how he knew where I was!... That has really puzzled me now. However, I was about to ignore his words for the first time ever!.