Chapter 10 - Part 2

Emily's POV

I'd been having a very strange feeling all day. No not the baby kicking but a different feeling, a feeling that at the moment is really hard to put into words. Lestat decided to get himself a job at his mom's shop so then we have money coming in (not that we need it). I went back to school to see out the semester and now I'm on maternity leave. I'm so excited that there's only a month to go till the baby arrives. My level of excitement cannot contain me right now.

1 month later..

I was sleeping like a panda in hibernation until...

Me: LESTAT!!!!!!!!!

Lestat: What?

Me: Con... Con...

Lestat: Con???

Me: CONTRACTIONS!!!!!!

At this point Lestat is pacing the room with a worried look on his face. He then reached for his phone in his pocket and called his mom.

Annalise-Marie: Hello?

Lestat: Mom it's Lestat... Listen you have to come to my house right away!!!!

Annalise-Marie: My dear son whatever is the matter?

Lestat: I... I... I just don't know what to do... Emily is having something called contractions, I have no idea what that is or what it means!!!

Annalise-Marie: Oh you silly boy!... It means the baby is coming and the contractions basically tell Emily that the baby has had enough >>laughs<<.

Lestat: Oh thank the lord downstairs... Mom you're a star but I still need you so come to the hospital!!!

Annalise-Marie: Shall I notify your father?

Lestat: NO!!!!... Just head for the hospital... PLEASE MOM!!!!!

Annalise-Marie: Ok

Some hours later...

Thank fuck for that... I thought she'd never come out but all that aside I am now the mother of a beautiful 8lb 6oz baby girl. Myself and Lestat decided on Eveliina for her first name with middle names, Katariina Kyllikki and of course, Lestat's last name which is Marjo. She was then taken over to the table where Lestat cut the umbilical cord.

Lestat: My beautiful Eveliina... you are beautiful, yes you are

Eveliina: *gurgles*

Me: Lestat, let your mom hold her for a bit

Lestat: sure... Mom do you want to hold your granddaughter?

Annalise-Marie: Oh come on... did you really need to ask?... of course I will

As I watched Annalise-Marie hold Eveliina I noticed the caring nature that Lestat talked about. One thing I did notice about Annalise was she had lovely long black hair like me. I then started to process everything in my mind but all of a sudden the thought of being changed dawned on me. However, that funny I had last month made it presence known once again.

Lestat: If you're wondering about the change... It already happened!

Me: What?

Lestat: It's already happened, I'll tell you later

Me: You better... but Lestat, I need blood and I need it now!!!!!

Lestat: Oh shit!!!!