Leap of Faith

As promised, finally here is my next Chapter!!!!

Hope you like it!!!!

Finn's POV

My heart is pounding so fast right now; I'm certainly surprised that it hasn't jumped out of my chest. Not literally but you get where I'm going with it. I hear her inhale a big breath clearly getting ready for me to respond to what she just gave me. Honestly, I have no idea what do to or say. All I can do is clutch the item in my hand tightly. To tell you the truth I really don't want to look at it again, because I know when I do I will get this ill feeling in my stomach that I really don't want to feel.

I start to think that she knows what my thoughts are, so she quickly lets out a breath that she was clearly holding in and rubs her hands over her denim jean clad legs. I could see she wanted to leave but I knew I had to get her to stay because then we'll be back in square one. She goes to grab the object in my hand but I pull away my hand that was tightly closed from her grasp. She looks at me with confused and slightly worried eyes but I decide to ignore it and face up to what I've been dreading.

"Finn please give it back to me" she looks down, clearly avoiding eye contact.

"Then why did you give it to me?" I ask knowing that she wouldn't answer because she doesn't know how to.

"I feel that it's the least that I can do. It was your kid after all and you were never really involved so..." Normally I would answer back at what she said and reply by saying that it wasn't my fault but I decided against it because I don't want to hurt her.

"Have you had this the whole time" I know it was an obvious question but it was one of those questions that you just have to ask.

"I've always got it in my bag" she pats the bag that was positioned right next to her. Hearing that I kind of feel bad that she gave it to me considering that she's had it with her since day one. I seem to think she reads my mind because she shakes her head and says:

"Trust me, you can keep it. I have another one" I grin at that because I know she's not lying. Which makes me come to the understanding of why she could never let this go. She has a constant reminder of her past in her bag every day.

"I know it sounds weird but I feel like it gives me luck for like rehearsals and my shows. Because I really wanted to make them proud." She looks down at the ground shuffling her feet on the spot.

"That's not weird at all, I'm sure they're proud of you Rach....I'm proud of you. In fact, I might use it as a good luck charm for me as well. God knows we need all the help we can get" I smirk pointing towards two of my teammates jumping onto each other and squirting water with the drink bottles everywhere.

And then it happened. She laughed. I haven't heard that beautiful sound in so long and it automatically gives me butterflies in my stomach. I can't help but just stare at her, I'm stunned by her natural beauty. Yes, she has red puffy eyes with massive bags underneath them and she's dressed in baggy clothes but I can honestly say that she looks absolutely beautiful. I think my good luck charm is already working.

"Well judging by what I saw earlier, you looked pretty good out there. But the others well..." she tilts her head as a sign of not knowing what to say.

"Yea Coach is working us really hard but I don't think it's working.......obviously" I chuckle kind of embarrassed by my team.

"Yea I was on the phone to Spence the other day and I could her mom in the background trying to calm brad down. He's really stressed" what she just said kind of scared me a little bit, no one likes it when the Coach is mad.

I let out a deep sigh as I look down at the item in my hand. I trace the outline of the picture with the top of my finger. I run my thumb over the edges of the little card. I can practically feel the tears well up in my eyes. And before I knew it there were tears streaming down my cheeks, once reaching the bottom of my chin they fall down onto the little picture. A picture that was of my unborn child. I realised that what I a holding in my hand was my most prized possession. It was my Baby's Sonogram.

Her voice took me out of my train of thought.

"I should get going, Spencer's having a party tonight for her birthday. I mean her birthday's tomorrow but her mum is taking her on a mini 'mother daughter vacation' tomorrow. "She uses her hands to make speech quotations marks.

"Oh, sounds like fun" she picks up on my sarcasm and laughs and again my heart flutters. There is this slight moment of silence but it wasn't awkward, there was so much said without any words. She nods at me as in a goodbye and starts to walk away.

I look towards the football field and see brad yelling at my teammates. A part of me wants to stay here and avoid Brad's rampage, but another part is that I have to go because then my teammates will start to make fun of me for missing training to talk to a girl.

In that moment I noticed something in the corner of my eye. I turn around and see Rachel just staring at me. She never left.

"Do you really find football this interesting? That you can't look away" I playfully ask

I hear her giggle and I mentally high five myself for once again making her laugh.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to be my plus one for Spencer's party." I had to take a moment to register what she has just asked. She's looking at me waiting for an answer, she's biting her lip and I can't help but wonder if she's nervous for my answer. Back in high school she would always bite her lip before a competition because she was nervous.

I think back to the last time I attended a party and Rachel was there, things ended a bit wildly. Another aspect of this situation was that Spencer is going to be there. And I think everyone knows that spencer and I's relationship is an odd one. Sometimes she hates me and sometimes surprisingly she's quite nice to me.

But the thing that I'm noticing now about life I feel like I just need to take a leap of faith with any situation. And here's my opportunity!!

"I would love to" I hear her sigh in what looked like relief and with that she left with a smirk on her face as she walked away.

You know what? I'm really looking forward tonight!

Well there it is!!

Please tell me what you think, I love hearing from you!!

Please comment and Vote because that's what keeps me going!

Also what do you think about me doing another Finchel Story after this one. Please tell me in the comments below and tell me what you would like to happen in the new story!