t h i r t e e n

Kayla's p.o.v:My eyes fluttered open, Austin was sat watching me from the corner of the room, his eyes were puffy and his cheeks were wet.

"Austin?" I called out to him.

He remained in the same position, hanging his head down.

I pushed myself up out of bed, ignoring how nauseous I felt. I took one step towards him, but dizziness took over, causing me to stumble, I prepared myself for hitting the floor, but instead I found myself in the arms of Austin.

I looked up to meet the familiar emerald eyes that I loved so much.

He carried me back to the bed bridal style and sat down, cradling me in his arms.

Suddenly a thought hit me, causing me to panic.

"A-am I a vampire?" I managed to stutter out. Austin shook his head. "No, for you to become a vampire you would of had to have vampire blood in your system and died."

"I almost killed you..." He whispered, a single tear rolled down his left cheek.

"If I hadn't of stopped, you would of been dead now. I nearly killed you."

I wanted to comfort him, but my mouth was glued shut.

Instead I wrapped my arms around his neck, and stroked his cheek, in a soothing way.

He shot up and went over to the wall, and started punching it, causing numerous holes in the drywall.

His beautiful green eyes had been replaced with his fierce red ones.

"Austin calm down." I whispered.

"CALM DOWN?! HOW THE HELL AM I MEANT TO CALM DOWN?! I ALMOST KILLED YOU! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?! I NEARLY KILLED YOU, GOD DAMMIT!" He shouted, while smashing up the room.

I cowered in my spot, afraid of how angry he was. "I'm sure you've killed before..." I mumbled, looking away from him.

"SURE I'VE KILLED PEOPLE BEFORE, AND TO BE HONEST, I DIDN'T GIVE A DAMN! BUT EVEN THE THOUGHT OF ME HURTING YOU, MAKES ME FEEL PHYSICALLY SICK, IF ANYTHING EVER HAPPENED TO YOU..." He trailed off, sliding down against the wall, letting his tears flow freely down his face to the floor.

"Before I met you, I was lost. I was a heartless monster, but from the moment I met you, you changed me. You made me feel again. And for the first time in hundreds of years I felt alive, almost human, I felt like my heart was still beating."

I sat motionless, I was still speechless. "I love you, Kayla." Austin whispered.

My breath hitched in my throat, my vision blurred as tears threatened to fall out of my eyes.

I ran over to him and sat on his lap, clutching tight onto his tshirt, burrowing my head into his chest, staining it with tears.

"I love you too Austin." I choked out...