t w e n t y s i x

Kayla's p.o.v:I walked out of trigonometry with Jess, and was met with a grinning Austin, stood outside the classroom, waiting for me.

"I'll leave you's two, to it." She smirked, sending me a wink, before retreating off down the other corridor.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and gave me a chaste peck on the lips. As we walked down the corridor, we got multiple stares, and whispers.

Austin's face hardened and I saw his fist clench. "Hey, hey. Calm down." I whispered, carressing the side of his face with my hand and kissing his cheek. He gave a small nod and smile and we continued walking off down the corridor, when suddenly the whispers started again.

That's when Austin lost it.

He charged forwards and leaped onto Josh, the captain of the football team. Josh's colour drained from his face and Austin started throwing punches, soon causing Josh's face to pour with blood.

People tried pulling him off, but of course, he was too strong.

I stood frozen to the spot, with my mouth slightly agape, I snapped back to reality when suddenly a boy who had tried to pull Austin off of Josh, came hurtling back through the air towards me.

I dodged out the way and ran over to Austin, trying to pull him off. Josh had long passed out, and was losing mass amounts of blood by the second.

The crowd of witnesses were all either on the floor from trying to split up the fight or had ran to get help. I pulled on Austin's arm, trying to pull him away, but it failed. "STOP!" I screamed, but he just kept punching harder than ever.

"Austin, stop. Please." I whispered, tears streaming down my face. This must of caught his attention because his head snapped round, to look at me.

His red eyes were full of terror and his fangs hung over his mouth. Tears continued to flow from my eyes, Austin's fangs disappeared and his eyes returned to their usual emerald orbs. He looked at his hands covered in Josh's blood and got up off of him, reaching a hand out to me.

"Kayla I..." I backed away from him. "No, just stay away from me." I whispered. "Kay please." He pleaded.

"I don't wanna hear it Aust, just get out of here before you get caught." I sighed. Then I ran. I ran as fast as I could down the corridor, and all the way home, then I collapsed on my bedroom floor in a ball, crying.