t h i r t y t w o

Kayla's p.o.v:When I woke up I was in the comfort of Austin's bed, all I could remember from the previous day was eagerly awaiting Austin's return from his questioning, when out of the blue, I got a phonecall from the hospital about my mom.

*Flashback*

Austin had just left, god I was so scared. Not only had my mother been in a horrific accident less than 24 hours ago, but my boyfriend was now being took in for questioning by the police down at the station, for assault. I sat on the bathroom floor, with my head in my hands, thinking that life couldn't possibly get any worse; when my cell phone rang...

Hesitantly, I picked it up and pressed my ear to it. "Hello can I speak to a, Kayla Payne please, this is Riverside hospital calling, regarding her mother." I gulped and took a shaky breath.

"This is her." I whispered, praying that it was good news. "It's bad news." The doctor sighed, I could hear the sympathy in his voice. "Your mother's injuries were too fatal and we couldn't get her into theatre quick enough, I'm sorry."

"W-w-what?" I breathed out, not quite being able too take in the doctor's words." "She's gone." And with that my whole world came crashing down, and the phone tumbled to the ground, making a terrific smash, but in that moment, I didn't care. All I cared about is that one of the most important people in my life was gone.The woman who raised me as a single parent and dedicated her life to me, gone.

Loud sobs erupted from my body as I shook with grief. I heard someone shouting my name from downstairs.But my brain couldn't even register the voice. I hoped it was a murderer, because the truth was I didn't want to live in this cruel world if my mom was dead and Austin was in prison. In this moment in time, I had noone.

The stairs creaked as hopefully death got closer and closer, suddenly the bathroom door swung open. Muttering out a quiet. "I was too late, she's gone." before I met my end, I felt a warmth engulf me instead and someone wrap there arms around me, I breathed in deeply, realising that it was Austin, my angel.

**********************************

As last night's memories replayed in my head, my body began to shake with quiet sobs and all Austin could do was, simply hold me in his arms as I let it all out.

(A/N You guys should love me bc 2 updates in less than 3 days. Btw guys comment below if you would be mad if I changed Austin to someone else in this, like Harry Styles or someone. Tbh I've been considering it since chapter 3, but I don't want you guys to be mad.)