Chapter Two

It wasn't until later that night, when the Omega arrived.

Ian lived a few miles away from the Adoption center, so it didn't take long. Earlier that day, him and the doctor got their paperwork all tidied up. The doctor even went as far as to give the younger brunette the files he kept on the omega.

Ian learned that the young omega's name was Ash. He also learned that Ash was raised in an illegal breeding farm. He lost his virginity when he was ten, four years earlier than the age when an omega becomes fertile. Ian also learned that the boy was only sixteen and was subjected to much abuse on the illegal farm.

He heard the truck pull up, not bothering to pull himself from his perch on the couch to open the door. When they knocked, he yelled it was opened and they opened the door. An assistant of the doctor stood outside with two men holding a wooden transport crate.

"Hello, Mr. Elys," The beta assistant smiled, folding her hands. "Your omega has arrived. We have put together an Omega Starter ki-"

"Let him out in here and get off my property," He stated, chewing on the butt of the pen he held.

The Beta woman faltered, taking note of the Alpha's commanding tone. "As you wish, sir,"

She signaled the two men who held the crate to set it down in the doorway. They did as so. As soon as they opened the door of the crate, Ash darted out, quickly finding a place to hide. That place happened to be under the kitchen table where he quivered and shook.

"Is that all, sir?" The woman asked.

Ian glared at her, eyes an ember red. "Didn't I tell you to get off my property?"

The woman nodded and closed the door, blocking off the noise of the city.
"Fuckin' shitty doctors, thinking they know everything." He mumbled, shoving his pen and the Omega's papers aside. He got up and walked through the hall to his bedroom, not even acknowledging the young omega under his kitchen table. He went to his bathroom and stared at himself in the mirror. His temples hurt, so he rubbed them to alleviate a little pain. With a small snort, he opened both eyes wide and pulled out his two clear contacts. He put both in their saline trays, realizing he'd have to hide it just in case the young omega got curious.

Ian's eyes seemed to hurt less as he tugged his glasses on. For the moment, he just set his contact case aside, before walking to his relatively empty bedroom. An empty leather journal sat on his bed, one he had found earlier. It was a gift from his mother, long ago, but now he would use it as a log entry for Ash's improvements. He'd have to begin by building a trust between them.

In one hand, he held the leather journal, while he chewed his thumbnail on the other. He walked out of his room to see the omega right where he left him.

"Well, Ash. We have quite a lot of work to do," For the moment, Ian didn't expect Ash to do any work, yet he had work to do. He began by copying down Ash's information into the leather journal. It was a good start.