Chapter Nine

Ian blinked a few times as he watched Ash lie Dimitri onto his back in the grass. Ash covered Dimitri's lean body with his own thin one, nuzzling happily into Dimitri's chest. He purred at Dimitri's giggles, rubbing his throat against Dimitri's.

It took a while for Ian to figure out what Ash was doing. While the whole time, Liev knew, small chortles escaping his chest.

Ash was scent marking the older omega, his scent glands rubbing on Dimitri's.

"He.."

"Do not worry, brother," Liev took Ian's speechless moment to talk. "It is quite alright. This is the first time in a while since I have seen Dimitri laugh so hard,"

True, loud snorts and cackles escaping Dimitri's open mouth.

"Ash," Ian said in a demanding tone.

Ash looked at him with large, dazed doe eyes before resting his head on Dimitri's chest.

They lied like that for a while, Dimitri rubbing the youth's back happily.

Liev and Ian took the chance to talk. Ian told him about his book he was writing. Liev told Ian about his job. He told Ian excitedly about the newly discovered ancient bones that were found in the mid-east and how the diggers wanted him to date them.

Ian listened, enjoying his brother's excitement.

They talked until it was nearly four in the afternoon. Liev excused himself and Dimitri who napped contentedly under Ash who was also napping.

Liev invited both Ian and Ash to dinner at their mothers, but Ian declined. Ash wasn't ready for that yet. "If he doesn't respond well to you, I'd hate to see what he'd do if he saw dad," Ian offered.

Liev's clucking stirred Dimitri who carefully placed the younger omgea aside. He joned Liev who instantly locked fingers with him.

Ian listened to their conversation as they drifted away.

"See? That wasn't so bad now, was it?"

Dimitri's chuffed, most likely unhappy that he was being proved wrong. "He's to cute to resist. He may be unintelligent, but he is unique,"

After that, they were to far away to hear.

Ian got up and walked to Ash. He knelt next to the youth. "Ash," Placing his hand on the boy's cheek, he rubbed his right dark brow. He smoothed out the furrows in between the youth's eyebrow.

The omega showed no signs of getting up soon, so Ian took to picking him up. He was saddened by how light the child was. He nearly weighed a hundred pounds, much to light for his age.

It didn't take them long to get back to the house, the raven child sleeping the whole time.