Chapter Fifteen

[[Y'all, I'm so excited! Besides this story, I'm trying to write a few others and they're currently in my drafts. I think by the time this one ends, I'll finish the ones in my drafts and then post those as well. Let me know what you guys want as well! Feedback is very helpful!]]

Ian and Ash were both still in their sleeping clothes when Ian pulled into the driveway of his parent's house. He turned the car off and glanced at his skittish omega. His heart ached at the dried tear streaks on Ash's childlike cheeks.

"Let's go Ash," He murmmered comfortingly as he opened his door. Ash did the same, momentarily confused by the door handle. He carefully closed the door behind himself, leaving a handprint on the window with how he closed it.

Ian closed his own door, walking around the car. Ash immediately tucked himself under Ian's arm, his own thin arms wrapping around the elder.

"You're safe, Ash. I won't let them get to you." Ian leaned down to kiss the crown of Ash's head, the scent of the omega's hair wash tickling his nostrils.

He led the small omega into his parents house. He had momentarily forgotten he was in a rut until the smell of Rory overwhelmed Ash's scent. Ian cringed and continued moving to the living room where he knew his parents would be.

As suspected, Danielle sat on the pristine white couch adorned with decorative pillows, reading a book while his father sat in an equally white armchair, sipping his coffee while he scanned through the newspaper.

"Mom. Dad." Ian leaned more into his omega, the scent of Rory almost dizzyingly strong. Both of his parent's looked up from their activities, his mother standing quickly and tossing the book aside. "Ian, what are you doing here? Rory is-"

"I know!" Ian snarled which tapered off into a pitiful cringe. "He triggered my rut. Can we talk outside please?" His voice was but a mere whimper and he closed his eyes as if that would block his instincts.

Ash whined from under Ian's arm, almost worriedly as he led his alpha outside, following Danielle. His father followed closely behind, his newspaper and coffee forgotten on the coffee table.

Ian inhaled the fresh air once they were outside, ignoring the itch underneath his skin.

"Ian it's unhealthy to ignore your-"

"I know!" Ian snapped again. Ash whined and tucked his face into Ian's ribs as if it would help somehow.

"I have to ignore my rut," Ian told them, this time his voice softer. "A man came by the house this morning. Ash recognized him from the farm." His arm unconsciously tightened around Ash. He was Ian's omega.

"I thought that when the Omega Protection Service raided the farm, they arrested all of the men who ran it."

Ian shook his head. "Apparently not. If they can find my house, we're not safe here."

Ian's father set a large hand on Danielle's shoulder to quell her worries. "You can take my truck and drive to the cabin," He suggested. "It will give you a few days head start and then we can figure out what to do from there."

Ian nearly groaned. "I'm so sorry I came here. I shouldn't have gotten you guys caught up in this mess."

Danielle shook her head, moving forward to hug both Ian and Ash who remained tucked into Ian's side. "Any mess of yours is a mess of ours. We're a pack and packs handle messes together."

"Mom." Ian closed his eyes, his chest tightening at her words. He rested his head against hers momentarily before she backed away.

"We'll call the pack here. You'll leave tonight under the cover of darkness. As for right now, you two must rest. Your father and I will pack bags for the both of you and get the truck ready."

Ian nodded and rested against Ash, eyes still closed. Ash eased him over to the cushions still placed on the deck from the other day. They both settle into the cushions that were warm from the early morning sun.

"Ian," Ash mumbled into the elder's chest, filling him with warmth that the sun couldn't compare to. He was going to keep Ash safe, no matter what.