Chapter 41

My stomach did a flip. How could I have been so stupid as to forget about the tracker?! I looked over my shoulder, and shouted back at the shifters "The hunters are coming!"

Hushed whispers ran through the crowd, and then everyone started shifting. We weren't going down without a fight.

"Remember, try and drain their resources. If you can get them to agree to a peace treaty, then that'd be great."

"I'm not going to let Caspian down." I said simply, then looked at the soldiers. They were armed with all sorts of bronze weapons, from bows to guns. Great. They had come prepared.

"Think what you need to do. They have the weapons, but you can take them away if you're careful enough."

"Ashlea, you're a genius!"

I flew down to Trinity and looked at her. "They have bronze weapons. If we take their weapons, we can win this battle."

She nodded. "What if they attack us as we try and get their weapons?"

"Help here?"

"You'll just have to be careful. Stay out of the line of fire."

I looked at Trinity. "We'll have to be careful then."

At that moment, they barged in and started firing. I flew up, looking around. Dang; they even had swords! A growl of irritation rose up in my throat, and I felt mad. Adrenaline flooded my veins, and my bones felt like fire. I twitched nervously in anticipation, watching shots being fired.

The shifters were doing a good job, darting all about to avoid the bullets, but as far as I knew, no true damage had come to the hunters.

"Get their weapons, and get away without harm." Ashlea reminded me.

"I remember. But they're looking up a lot; they'll see me. And they'll definitely notice me trying to get the weapons out of their hands. How could they not? And why do they have swords? It's the twenty-first century for crying out loud!"

"It's a brutally effective weapon. Don't underestimate swords, they can seriously injure a person, and leave them slowly dying."

"Oh." I said "So, how to do you even use one?"

At that moment, an arrow whizzed by my ear with a startling whoosh. I glared in the general area from which the arrow had been shot. I could see a man holding a bow, and aiming it at me. Oh great.

I dove downward, grasping my hand on the bow. He growled, sending a punch at me, which seemingly missed me by a milimeter.

"Give it back.!" He then began to swear. Well, it looks like I found out the main personality of this guy; bad tempered. I tried to pull the bow from his hand, and eventually gave in, and he was left with just an arrow. Which I eventually got as well.