Chapter 54

It was Trinity. I looked at her, absolutely astonished.

"How...?"

"My power was revealed," Trinity replied simply.

Mr. Jones began to speak. "She may have saved you this time, but I am still concious." He came at me, armed with flames that blazed about an inch above his palm. A feiry madness seemed to burn in his eyes.

"You have had FAR too many chances, Madelyn Ruth. Like a canary in a coal mine, it's time for you to stop singing."

Was that a catch phrase or something? Because that wasn't the first time he had said that to me.

A ball of flames were sent my way. I dodged them, but just barely. "How do I beat him?" I called out over my shoulder.

"Fight fire with water." she replied. I looked at her, confused. Wasn't the saying 'Fight fire with fire?'

"I'll put out the flames he sends at you." she explained, "you try and pin him down."

I nodded, moving to the right of Mr. Jones. I sent a glare his way, and he sent a ball of flames at me. A spray of water put out the flames. Oh, how glad I was that Trinity's ability had been revealed. A look of irritation was spread on Mr. Jones's face.

I moved away, going behind Mr. Jones. He spun around with inhuman speed, sending a fireball at me. I dodged it, and it hit the wall, setting it ablaze. I could smell the smoke coming from it.

"Trinity!" I shouted "Put out the fire!"

Trinity sent a spray of water, which didn't hut the wall. It hit Mr. Jones. He was standing in front of the area where the flameball had hit.

"What are you doing?" I demanded "Are you insane?!" The answer to the second question was obvious, but I asked anyway.

"I will not let you put out the fire. Even if I have to die, I will not let you idiotic, rebelious shifters come out of here alive!"

I looked at the door, which was open. I pointed at the door. "You do know that the door is open, right?"

He pulled out his phone, and I heard a click noise as it opened. What was he doing? My question was quickly answered, when the door closed itself. Oh crap.

"You'd be willing to let yourself burn?" I asked, hoping to knock some sense into him. "You'd let yourself die, if it meant that we died?"

"It is what I promised when I joined the hunters. To be willing to sacrifice myself to put lowly species in their rightful places."

I heard Trinity begin to talk. "Then I guess Madelyn and I will have to deal with you ourselves."

A stream of water was aimed at the spreading flames, and then at Mr. Jones. He chuckled in a deep, frightening tone.