CHAPTER 8 - Hot Chocolate Escape

"How's detention?" Jack asked sarcastically to Elsa who was walking to him while grinning like an idiot. She grabbed a chair and sat right in front of him. A waitress went near them and asked them what to order.

"Ham, egg and cheese sandwich please." Elsa says kindly and the waitress nodded, writing down her order on her small notebook. "And since it's surprisingly raining," She looked at the window at the diner, watching the raindrops. "I suppose I could get a hot chocolate." She shrugged. "How 'bout yew, frosty?"

"Same as hers." Jack says to the waitress and smiles widely.

"Okay then, your food will be served shortly." The waitress says and jumps a bit while grinning widely before walking away.

As soon as their orders arrived, Elsa started to munch on her sandwich happily while Jack was looking at her seriously, Elsa, who seemed to notice took a pause and raised an eyebrow at Jack. "What?"

"It's just that, you keep on going to detention. I don't think it's good for your reputation." Jack said concernedly.

"Nah, don't worry about it." She replied and took a large bite on her sandwich.

"Elsa, if you keep on going to detention, soon you will face the principal." He snapped.

"And?"

Jack furrowed his eyebrows. "'And'? That's it? I say that it may ruin your school record and you will just say 'and'?"

"Pfft. Duh." Elsa rolled her eyes and continued chewing on the bacon on her mouth. "You'll probably understand soon, but right now this is a little secret that I'll keep."

"What?" Jack asked. "You shouldn't talk while your mouth is full, I couldn't understand what you're saying."

Elsa swallowed her bacon before looking straight at Jack's cyan blue eyes; she could feel butterflies in her stomach. "I said nothing." She break the eye contact and continued eating, leaving confused Jack staring at her while she took another large bite at her sandwich.

"I've been looking for you everywhere." A familiar voice said making Jack wince a little bit, Elsa's eyes were wide when she looked at her right side.

"Peachy." Elsa said calmly though her organs were almost exploding.

Jack and Elsa slowly stood up on the table and faced Pitch who eyes were sending killer glares at the two of them. "You've been hiding from me for a week now but then I think it's time that I find you two and we shall play a little bit, huh?" He smirked.

"Swiggety slate, we leave an empty plate." Elsa quickly said and Jack looked at her confusingly. Not understanding the reference she was using. "But then all we have is a hot chocolate." She grabbed Pitch's hand and made him hold a cup of hot chocolate. Elsa immediately grabbed Jack's hands and screamed. "SWIGGETY SWIVES, WE RUN FOR OUR LIVES!" Before running away and got out of the diner.

Pitch was left confused in the diner with the hot chocolate on his hand before realizing that Elsa and Jack had escaped him...again. He groaned and mentally slapped himself as he sat on the table that Jack and Elsa was previously sitting, he put his palm on his cheek and his elbow on the table as he started sipping the hot chocolate which was surprisingly tasty.