CHAPTER 20 - Two Pieces (EPILOGUE)

(September 18, 2015 – The Singing Contest)

"Good luck, Elsa!" Jack yelled when Elsa finally went on stage, her hands were shaking a bit. She was the third one to perform out of the 20 contestants that joined. Jack lifted up the blue banner, with Elsa's name and snowflakes on it.

Elsa took a deep breath as soon as she sat on the chair near the microphone; she looked at her blue guitar and tests the microphone before she starts speaking. "Hello everyone." She looked at the audience, then she smiled at Jack, Punzie and Tooth who was giving her big smiled and thumbs up. "This song is originally dedicated to my late best friend...his name was Jared Francis Overland."

Jack smiled sadly, hearing his brother's name. "But then," Elsa continued as she looked at Jack. "I realized that, the song wasn't for him...but the two people that he left...and that's me and his brother; Jack." Elsa blinked a few times. "This is for us, Jack."

Elsa started to strum the guitar and the audience falls silent.

There's a boy, lost his way, looking for someone to play

There's a girl in the window tears rolling down her face

We're only lost children, trying to find a friend

Trying to find our way back home

We don't know where to go, so I'll just get lost with you

We'll never fall apart, 'cause we fit together right, we fit together right

These dark clouds over me, rain down and roll away

We'll never fall apart, 'cause we fit together like

Two pieces of a broken heart

I know where we could go and never feel let down again

We could build sandcastles, I'll be the queen, you'll be my king

We're only lost children, trying to find a friend

Trying to find our way back home

We don't know where to go, so I'll just get lost with you

We'll never fall apart, 'cause we fit together right, we fit together right

These dark clouds over me, rain down and roll away

We'll never fall apart, 'cause we fit together like

Two pieces of a broken heart

Now I can lay my head down and fall asleep

Oh, but I don't have to fall asleep to see my dreams

'Cause you're right there in front of me (right there in front of me)

There's a boy, lost his way, looking for someone to play

We don't know where to go, so I'll just get lost with you

We'll never fall apart, 'cause we fit together right, we fit together right

These dark clouds over me, rain down and roll away

We'll never fall apart, 'cause we fit together like

We fit together like

Two pieces of a broken heart

There's a boy, lost his way, looking for someone to play.

As soon as Elsa was done singing, the crowd went crazy on cheering, screaming and clapping. Elsa smiled and breathed heavily. The host announced the next contestant and it was Elsa's cue to exit.

Jack later runs towards Elsa and stood in front of her.

"Elsa, I want to tell you something." He said while panting and Elsa looked at him expectantly.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I...Elsa, I know we just knew each other in two weeks but the truth is...I already fell in love with you." He said seriously and Elsa's eyes widened. "I don't know how would you react to that, but please, let me finish my speech first."

Elsa was silent, so Jack nodded to himself and continued.

"I know that we're best friends and, I was kinda scared of losing you. Nothing lasts forever so, I'll ask you...will you be my nothing?" He looked at her worried. "I know, it's ridiculous."

Elsa chuckled and kissed Jack's cheek. "I know Jack, I feel the same way, and I would love to be your nothing Jack...and we'll last forever. Because we fit together like two pieces of a broken heart."

Jack smiled at her lovingly. "I love you."

"I love you too." She replied and returned the smile. They leaned closer, Jack closes his eyes and Elsa did the same, but then she opened them again and instead on the her lips, Jack's kiss landed on her forehead.

"Hey!" Jack pouted as Elsa laughed.

"No, no kisses on the lips yet!" She said and Jack just smiled and put an arm around her.

"Okay then, I respect that." He said and kissed her cheek. "I love you snowflake."

"I love you too, frosty." She replied.

***

"It's sad that you didn't win." Tooth looked at Elsa apologetically while they were all sitting on the cafeteria.

"Nah, I don't really care about winning." Elsa replied while smiling. "I just want to share that song to the world."

"That was a nice song." Pitch compliments.

"Yeah...that was." Elsa sighed as she rested her head on Jack's shoulder. Indeed, they both fit together right...like two pieces of a broken heart.

THE END.

~~~~~

There's a boy lost his way looking for someone to play...