CHAPTER 3 - A Different Day

*Riiiiiiiiiiiiing!*

"What's your next subject?" A student asked Elsa. "I'm Rapunzel by the way."

"Oh, uhm...Mathematics." Elsa replied after looking at the schedule. "Nice meeting you Rapunzel." She smiled. "How about you? What's your next subject?"

Rapunzel looked at her own schedule before smiling at Elsa. "Same!"

The two of them giggled before walking to their next subject together, but then Elsa stopped on her tracks when she heard noises from the corner. "What was that?"

"What was what?" Rapunzel asked confusingly.

"That." Elsa heard it again. Instead of walking to the straight path, she went left and followed the noise, but the more she went nearer, the more the noise was clearer, someone was beating a person up.

Elsa ran and Rapunzel followed her until they reached a dead end block and there they saw Pitch Black beating Jack mercilessly. "Hey! Stop that!" Elsa yelled angrily towards Pitch who was about to kick Jack. He looked at Elsa and grinned.

"Well look at that, if it isn't the new girl in the campus." Pitch snarled before pushing Jack to the floor. "I'll let it pass this time, newbie. But the next time you talk to this faggot, you will suffer the consequences." He walked passed Elsa and Rapunzel. They both run to Jack to help him stand up.

"Are you okay?" Elsa asked concernedly as she put her arms around Jack, supporting him to stand up.

"I think so." Jack replied while groaning. "Why did you do it? You could just leave us alone."

"Yeah, you're welcome." Elsa replied sarcastically. "Let's take you to the clinic."

They started walking slowly. Jack almost lost his balance when Elsa luckily caught him, she made him put his arms around her to support himself. "Rapunzel, help me." Elsa grunted at Jack's weight. Rapunzel shook her head and looked at them apologetically. "Rapunzel?"

"I'm sorry, I can't. Pitch says--" She cut herself off when she saw Elsa looking at her disapprovingly. "I'm sorry."

Elsa rolled her eyes. "Fine, fine. You're scared of Pitch, you can just go to the next subject now." She replied coldly. Rapunzel looked at them sadly while biting her lower lip, as much as she wanted to help, she's scared of what Pitch would do to her.

She walked to her next class leaving Jack and Elsa alone.

***

(At the clinic)

"You got hit pretty bad there, Overland." The nurse says as she puts a band-aid at Jack's forehead. "You should be careful next time." Jack nodded before the nurse left.

"Okay, let's hear it now." Elsa started, glaring at Jack. "Why did you lie to the nurse, saying that you just had a clumsy fall?"

Jack sighed and touched the band aid on his forehead. "Well, Pitch would kill me if I report him."

"Why do you allow yourself to be bullied? Why not stand up and fight?"

"I can't." He simply replied. "I don't know what I did to him, but I'm just...not strong enough to fight back...he's--" He trailed off and sighed once again.

"He's what?" Elsa asked in curiousness.

"Nothing."

"Fine." Elsa retorted before standing up. "But let me remind you, Jackson Frost Overland. I don't like seeing people being bullied. I'm against it, so if you think that this day is the same...well, you're wrong. Today will be a different day for you."

She looked at him one last time before leaving him in the clinic. "I promise."