CHAPTER 13 - Mr. Arendelle

"And I did that promise." She said, looking at Jack with teary eyes. "Do you remember when someone used to drop a basket of goods in your doorstep?"

Jack looked up on her. "That was you?"

Elsa nodded.

"Why haven't you told me? Or showed up to me?" He asked.

"I...I was ashamed. We were friends, I...I should have done something to stop him. I never should've walked out when he said that our friendship was over, I should've talked to him—"

"Hey." Jack cut her off. "You think it was your fault?" He asked and Elsa looked at him sadly. "Elsa." He leaned and caressed Elsa's cheek. "If you're blaming yourself, please...don't. It wasn't your fault, okay?"

Elsa sobbed. "But I could've done something to stop him."

"Whatever happened had already happened. And it was a long time ago." He hugged her and she rested her head on his shoulder while tears still kept running down on her face. "It's okay, Elsa. It's okay."

She pulled away and wiped the tears on her eyes. "Well, after that...the next day, I was about to deliver another basket to your house...then I found out you already moved to Burgess."

"Well, my mom went home to get me and Emma." Jack replied. "And then when I was in 7th grade, she decided to let us live in New York where she works."

Elsa smiled at him sadly. "And that's when I found out that you transferred to our school."

Jack looked at her confusingly and she looked back at him with an 'I-never-should-have-said-that' face.

"What?" He asked confusingly.

***

Outside the hospital, a man in a suit was walking hurriedly and headed to Elsa's hospital room, a guard was sitting outside, and he looked at the man surprisingly when he recognized him.

"M—Mr. Arendelle? What are you doing here?" He asked confusingly.

"Where's my daughter?" He hurriedly asked back.

"Who's your daughter?"

"You may not truly know her, but in your records she goes by Elsa Meridith Winters."