CHAPTER 16 - I'm Not the One For Her

"Jack!" Elsa greeted after Jack got out of the room, but then Jack only looked at her with a blank expression before walking away. Elsa sighed sadly and looked at her best friend entering the next classroom; they didn't have the same classes that hour, so Elsa has no choice but to wait until lunch.

***

Jack sat at his seat and gets his notebook and pen; he opened his notebook and started doodling snowflakes on it. "Tsk, tsk." He looked up and saw Tooth standing in front of him, arms crossed and raised eyebrow.

"What?" Jack looked down again and continued doodling. Since the teacher hasn't arrived yet, Tooth sat down on the chair beside Jack.

"What's up with you and Elsa?" She asked and Jack sighed heavily.

"Nothing." He mumbled.

"Meh? You kidding? She greeted you and you just ignored her and then I ask you what's wrong and now you say 'nothing'?!" She yelled and a student shushed her. "You shut up, nerd!" She yelled at the student who shushed her, the student grimace at her before adjusting his eyeglasses. "Nothing is really popular huh? Nothing is wrong, nothing is right, nothing lasts forever...seriously. I wish I was nothing!"

Jack looked at her weirdly and shook his head. "Come on Jack, tell me what's wrong."

"It's just...she kept a secret from me." He said and Tooth looked at him sadly, but then she started bursting out of laughter. He furrowed his eyebrows at her. "What's funny?"

"It's just..." She held her stomach while laughing. "Dude! What are you, kindergarten?!" She laughed again.

Jack shook his head. "Aren't you going to be angry if your own best friend hides a secret from you?"

"Not really, sure I'll get pissed." She said between her laughs. "But still! Look at you overreacting and all!"

"I'm not overreacting!" He snapped and she laughed again.

"Suuuure...or maybe you're reacting that way because you're in love with her!"

His eyes widened. "WHAT?!"

"Heh heh, I saw how you look at her, you love her!"

"N-no." He stammered.

"Meh! I have five brothers Jack! I know when a guy's in love, and you," She pointed him and poked his chest. "ARE!"

Jack shook his head and sighed. "I'm not the one for her, Tooth. She's the daughter of the owner of this university. I'm just me."

"You're not just you, Jack. You're her best friend. Remember that." She said, looking at the door only to find out that the teacher already arrived.

"Thanks, Tooth!" He said to Tooth who winked in return before sitting down on her seat.