CHAPTER 1 - Bullied

"We'll never fall apart, 'cause we fit together like two pieces of a broken heart."

-Demi Lovato
(Two Pieces)

***

It was the first day of school, and Jackson Overland doesn't seem to be excited. He was a bullied student since 9th grade, and he doesn't expect this year to be any better.

"Oh look, there's the weakling." Fate doesn't seem to agree with him, he had been trying to keep himself away from the ultimate bully from the school, Pitch Black. He looked downcast, ignoring Pitch's evil smirk before walking away. But Pitch was fast enough to grab his arm, making Jack flinch. "Going somewhere?" Pitch growled before punching Jack in the face, making him fell to the ground. Pitch chuckled evilly while watching Jack who was trying to stand up.

"What did I ever do to you?" Jack asked weakly, wiping the blood off his lower lip. Pitch just shrugged and pushed him again to the ground.

"I just want to play with you, Jackie." He said playfully pouting at Jack. He was about to hit him again when the bell suddenly ring. Pitch just chuckled and walked away, leaving Jack sitting on the ground alone.

He sighed as he stood up and shook his head. This is going to be a wonderful day. He thought to himself as he went to his first subject; History.

He entered the room and sighed heavily.

Nobody like to be friends with him, if ever someone went near him, Pitch would bully them as well. So he was better off alone. Their new teacher entered the room and the class fell on silence. The teacher was on thirties; and it was obvious that she was a terror one, they all have heard of her when they were on 10th grade.

"Good morning, students! My name is Gothel and I am your History teacher for the whole year." She greeted in a friendly voice. "But before that, I would like you all to introduce yourselves in the front of the class, how about you boy?" She looked directly at Jack who was almost shrinking at his seat. "Come on, don't be shy." She said and Jack gulped before standing up. Whispers started to be heard around the room, and some small laughs from the boys.

Jack stood in the front of the class shyly, his head was looking downcast but his eyes were looking at his classmates. "M-my name is Jackson Frost Overland." He started.