Smile like you mean it

Chapter 59: Smile like you mean it

The month of June had finally arrived and the students of Jump City were at the edge of their seats. A week had already passed and the students were that much closer to their exams and summer vacation. It was frightening but at the same time thrilling. Thrilling because they were that much closer to summer but frightening because of exams.

Some students were laid back and relaxed at the thought of the exams. This included such students like Victor Stone and Raven Roth along with a couple of other students that were their friends.

Other students found themselves in panic mode. This included such students as Garfield Logan. Gar had decided to devote as much time as possible into studying for the upcoming test but this proved to be difficult. His focus was lacking and he was easily distracted.

And then there were other students such as Kori Anders who was to busy to focus on exams at the moment. Kori was more concerned at the arrival of her family to be worried about exams. She made sure her house was spotless and was still fussing over the little things. That was until a pair of two arms wrapped around her waist.

"Kori, the house looks great. Stop fussing."

Kori smiled and leaned her head back on Dick's shoulder. "I'm just so excited. My parents are finally coming back home and with my baby brother or sister."

"They didn't tell you if it was a boy or girl?" Dick asked with a curious brow raised.

"No," said Kori. "They wanted to keep it a secret."

"So...," Dick's voice was low and seductive. "How long till they arrive?"

"Well Komi left about an hour ago so they should be here soon."

"And Raven?"

"Reading in her room."

Dick smirked. "Perfect," he spun Kori in his arms so their noses were almost touching. "That's more than enough time for us."

Kori giggled and wrapped her arms around Dick's neck. "You can be such a bad boy."

"I know." he said before closing the gap between them.

His arms tightened around her waist and Kori began to play with the tips of his hair. Their make out session began to get hot and heavy and they eventually took a seat on the couch. It felt like forever to them since they had the chance to kiss like this and it was oh so enjoyable. They didn't want the moment to end but... eventually all good things come to an end.

"Ex, right in the middle of the living room."

Dick reluctantly tore his lips from Kori's and looked up. "Raven, I would be happy to see you if you hadn't ruined the moment."

Raven rolled her eyes. "What are you even doing here? I thought you were grounded."

Dick grumbled. "I am but Bruce thought it would show 'good business' if someone from the Wayne business greeted the new edition to the Anders family."

"Why didn't he just come himself?"

"He had an interview."

Raven shrugged and made her way to the kitchen.

Kori patted down her hair. "Do I look ok?"

"You look beautiful."

Kori smiled. "Thank you for the compliment but I was referring to the 'do-I-look-ok-and-not-look-like-I-had-an-extreme-make out-session-with-my-boyfriend-on-the-couch'."

"Oh," Dick smiled sheepishly. "Why didn't you just say that?"

Kori was about to strike him with a throw pillow when she heard the front door open and footsteps walk inside.