Saying Goodbye hurts the Heart

Chapter 25: Saying Goodbye hurts the Heart

Warning !!!! : So i made this chapter already but it got deleted !!! Because the time i was at the end of the story my phone wanted to be a asshole and die and when i turned it on it got deleted ! . Therefore, i rushed through the Story and i may have some Errors in here so dont judge :) . Hope you like it . Next chapter will be better !

It was Saturday and Jade sat down in her living room. Her green eyes flickered to the clock on the wall, almost time. The past few days she had spent with her father had been the best moments in her life. Her mother had even loosened up a bit and allowed Luke to stay in the spare bed room rather then his hotel room.

The clock ticked, almost mocking her. The perfect vision of her family had been rudely interrupted by a phone call from Luke's boss. It was time for him to leave and get back to work. He was currently upstairs speaking with Serena while packing. Jade sat quietly downstairs, depression filled her.

She had just meet Luke, they were just beginning to know each other. It wasn't fair that he had to leave. She wished she could have spent more time with him. Foot steps made their way down the stairs and there was a sudden shift in weight as some one sat down on the couch besides Jade.

"Jade," Luke said quietly. "It's almost time for me to go."

She turned to face him, tears pricked at her eyes but she pushed them back. "It's not fair. You only just got here, can't you stay longer?"

"I'm sorry but I can't. If I could I would."

Jade looked down. "I'm sorry. I just thought we would have had some more time together."

"You don't have to be sorry for that, Jade," Luke said. "In fact I feel the same way which is why I was discussing something with your mother."

Jade looked up, curious as what the two of them would have been talking about.

"Me and you mother feel awful about what we both put you through. I've talked things over with her and she is okay with it."

"Okay with what?"

"Jade, I want you to come with me."

Jade froze. "Dad..."

"It wouldn't be permanent, just for the rest of the month."

"Dad, I don't know what to say," Jade said quietly. "I want to go with you, I really do, but..."

"I figured there would be a but," Luke said. "Listen, you don't have to make the decision right now, give yourself some time to think about it."

Luke glanced up at the clock and stood up, Jade standing up with him.

"Dad, I..." Jade trailed off.

Luke smiled at her. "I'm not mad if that's what you're thinking."

Jade sighed in relief.

"Oh, I want you to have this," Luke said, digging in his pocket and pulling out an envelope. "It's money for the ticket to get to New Jersey. I want you to have it just in case you decide to come. When you do decide, don't forget to give me a call first."

"I'm gonna miss you," Jade said and she smiled as she wrapped her arms around him in a hug. "I love you, dad."

"I love you to, Jade."

It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon and Jade was rested comfortably by Roy's side. She had been depressed since Luke left and everyone had attempted to cheer her up at once. Karen had offered to take her shopping and Jenn had offered to just talk to her. Those were two favorite's of Jade's, but not this time. She didn't feel like talking, and she didn't want to be around large crowds.