The Journal and Drugged Tea

Meanwhile back at Len's palace, Rose sneaks through the corridors in silence. She slips past the guard dragons, takes many turns through each hallway and eventually finds a beautifully crafted door. The princess manages to open the door without anyone seeing her and the she enters, closing the door behind.

She murmurs to herself, "I need to get out of here but first; I have to learn more about Len."

Luxurious furniture litters the prince's room, including an old mahogany desk with a navy blue journal sitting there. There's a lock on it made of gold and the key resides next to it.

Princess Rose carefully tiptoes over and sits down on a finely made miniature throne. She giggles slightly but then shushes herself as she picks up the key and unlocks the journal.

She thinks to herself with a smile, "Maybe this can tell me something and help. Even if it's not much, it's sure to help."

The princess opens the book and starts to look through the various entries.

Most of them seem to be fantasies of marriage. "What a beast, he'll never have me!" Her mind shouts as she continues to scan each page.

Soon, she stumbles onto a certain page when the name Matilda is seen.

Her eyes widen in surprise and she asks herself, "Why would he...write about Matilda? He must be hiding something...from her!"

She starts to read the entry from the beginning, "Entry 12: I met the most beautiful maiden, her eyes are of crimson, her hair ebony and feathery as a raven's wings. She lives within a palace hidden from the rest of world, with her father and brother. Her home is cloaked in darkness, surrounded by a vivid coloration of noir with a mere hint of light."

Rose is more than curious now and she continues to read it. "When I tried to talk to her, she left without a single word. After that day, I began to follow her from a distance. Each day I learn something new, she loves apples....It's a pity she suffers much pain, what does she hide? Then I saw the thing or should I say "person" that makes her suffer so."

She tilts head and scans further down the page with a serious intent. "My maiden of darkness has been haunted by a cold-hearted girl. This girl had blonde hair, blue eyes as sharp as a blade. She had narrowed down my lovely flower and sought to her end. This person was known as Princess Zelda the 10th, and apparently she had an inner hatred for the fair maiden."

Princess Rose then turns the page and takes in more of this story. "Zelda has done something horrid; she has decided to do away with the maiden. Thankfully, Hyrule's princess has fallen ill and perished."

She whispers to herself, "Ok, this is getting a little interesting. I heard that Zelda the 10th wasn't as heartless as Prince Len portrays her to be. But, it makes me want to know more."

She turns to the next entry to the journal, "Entry 13: I've decided to talk to her, asking her to be mine. I asked for her name, she simply answered in a low voice..."Matilda"."

The young maiden gasps in shock and reads more while absorbing the information. "Matilda's home was the Kingdom of Shadows which is basically a mirrored Hyrule. She's the eldest daughter of the king, her father Artimis and the sister of Prince Kage. She barely speaks much but she plays the most wonderful piano music. Even though I do like her, she's a threat."

Rose scratches her head, "Matilda is a threat to Len? Now I'm sure he's hiding something!"

She reads vividly with much energy. "It seems she has a heart of purity within a body of tainted blood. My plan was to do away with her once I extracted the power she holds. But what I didn't count was King Artimis and Prince Kage seeing through me and causing problems."

The Princess begins to realize something, "If she was originally the one he liked...then what happened?"

"Entry 14: I've destroyed the Shadow Kingdom, ended Prince Kage's life and kidnapped Matilda. Once I had returned, she began to scream so loud and her power started to go out of control. So, I sealed her memories away along with her power and simply brainwashed her to forget everything. She's now my servant and when the time's right...I'll kill her."

Rose gasps in horror and hears someone coming; she quickly closes the book and locks it up. She puts the book and key into the draw, the hides under Len's bed.

Matilda enters the room and starts to neaten up everything. The young teenager slowly tries to slip away as the maid cleans.

Matilda sighs tiresomely, "Princess, why did you enter master's room when he's not home? He'll be furious if he finds out."

She turns to the princess who's stammering out words nervously.

The servant shakes her head silently, "Never mind of this. Please leave and return to your room. If you try to escape, the guards will escort you back by force."

Rose blurts out of fear, "Len's going to kill you! He's nuts and he took you away from your family. Also he destroyed your home!"

Matilda stares mundanely, "Princess, it seems you've finally lost all sanity. You poor thing, you must rest and I'll make sure you're better before master is home." She starts to tenderly shove Rose out of Len's room and escorting to her back into her room.

Once they get into Rose's room, Matilda puts the princess to bed.

She curtsies gently, "I'll be back with some soothing tea." She leaves and locks the door.

A few minutes later, Rose is trying to escape from the window and Matilda comes back with the tea. The maid's eyes widen slightly and she rushes to pull Rose back in.

"Please stop this madness, have you gone insane?" She puts a lot of effort to safely get her highness back in.

Then the maid slightly forces Rose back to her bed after dressing her up in a nightgown.

"Now please calm yourself and enjoy this tea." Matilda pours the tea into a porcelain cup and serves it to her.

Rose keeps retaliating, "I'm not crazy, I'm very serious about before! I only want to escape from here and you should too!"

Matilda places her hand onto the princess's forehead, "You don't have a temperature but...you still sound as if you're ill. Maybe it's a lack of sleep...this herbal tea will put an end to that very quickly."

The young girl sighs in defeat and drinks the beverage. She ingests it fast and starts again with her argument. But, she suddenly feels tired and unable to stay awake. Her body coaxes her to slumber and in a few seconds, she fall asleep. Matilda cleans up and tucks her mistress in bed.

She bows and whispers silently yet sweetly, "Rest peacefully Princess Rose..."

She takes the tea set and locks the door as she leaves.

The servant sighs worrisomely, "First master leaves and now his bride's sanity is slipping away. Thank goodness...I drugged her tea with medicine that'll fix her up. But now, I wait for master...why did she sound like...she was...telling the truth...?"