Emerald's Secret

Ironically, today is the start of Red and friends' side quest; following Princess Emerald and discover out whom she has been seeing in secrecy. "Remember, you can't let her know what you're really doing or else!" Auria's voice still echoes in their heads.

"This is bull; we have to stalk her till we find out who's the bastard that likes her!" Blue hatefully remarks.

"I know it's a current waste of our time; but, if we do this, we'll be able to find out what we need to know." Vio tries to calm his hot-headed co-worker down.

"Yeah and it'll be like hide and seek; save for us doing both the hiding and seeking." Red giggles happily while skipping along down a long passage that flowers of all colors cover it.

"We split up and follow the princess from a safe distance. We'll meet here once again at the end of the day." The smart hero plans out the team's scheme.

His two companions agree and with that said and done; they split up. Blue goes down a different path, so does Vio and Red continues on his current trail.

"I wonder where she could be..." The young hero thinks to himself while wandering through the flowery canopy. Then he stops to see that his target is in the castle courtyard. Red stays still and keeps quiet while peering through the flowers to see Emerald singing. "She sings beautifully..." The childish protagonist comments silently as he watches her.

She sings softly, "Ru-ri ru-ri la-la, Ru-ri, ru-ri la-la." Her voice resonates with the gentle chimes in the wind. The young maiden serenades blissfully in her little garden; unaware of Red who's listening to her, "Ru-ri ru-ri la-la, Ru-ri, ru-ri la-la; I sing for the heavens and I pray for the earth... to one day; reunite with one another like brother and sister..." A caressing gale passes by as Emerald enjoys herself. "Ru-ri ru-ri la-la, Ru-ri, ru-ri la-la; spring's blessing brings beauty to the majestic sky and autumn's harvest brings you and I together on the fertile earth. I sing for both the heavens and the earth; so that all shall reunite with one another...like sister and brother..." She finishes her song with the first verse like before.

Her highness sighs while basking in the sunlight. She looks around carefully before standing up. "Alright, come out; I know you were listening to my song." Emerald calls out to the now sleeping boy in red.

She silently giggles, "He's asleep; this is my chance." She whispers lowly while quietly sneaking off to somewhere else; leaving the slumbering child to his rest.

Blue's currently slinking around the castle's training grounds with some of the guards. He already has kicked some asses to the curb and somehow manages to keep his vigor up. Then he notices Emerald suspiciously sneaking around. "Oh here we go..."

The cocky hero chuckles to himself in overconfidence before stalking her from a safe distance. He follows her while occasionally hiding behind corners to avoid being seen. "I swear this chick can't normal." He mutters lowly.

The fair maiden enters through a door just near a tall turret. Blue quickly goes the door and tries to open it; alas it's locked from the outside. "Damn it, she's clever; I'll give her that." He comments while trying to find another way in.

Then the usually thick headed fool notices some vines growing and gets one of first brilliant ideas. He begins to climb upward the massive tower. He comments ignorantly, "Not so clever now, oh princess." He laughs while making his way skyward.

Princess Emerald meanwhile is looking for something. "Oh where did I put it? It has to be here; there's no way I'd just leave that somewhere where Father could get his hands on it." She worryingly searches in a small room full of books. Her majesty scurries from left to right, checking the various shelves as well as looking on the floor.