Dancing with the Devil

"It's so cold..." Princess Emerald tries to keep warm, by rubbing herself with her dainty hands and comforter; wondering when she'll be allowed to leave this freezing cold room. "How long...must I wait..?" She shivers silently, barely surviving the seemingly dropping temperature; her energy slowly slips away. "I don't...like being alone, it's frightful...to be alone in the cold...." The lonesome maiden hoarsely murmurs, feeling her eyes are gradually giving way into ever tempting slumber; something she can't afford to do. Suddenly, the oak door creaks eerily open; revealing a finely dressed Vaati.

"My dear, why do you quiver like that?" He chuckles like as if he doesn't know the reason, disregarding that he had left her to suffer alone for over 4 hours.

"It-it's fr-freezing here...da-darling..." His sickly bride stutters, seems to be almost out of energy; "I've...been waiting...so long..." She utters weakly, trying to keep her delicate smile.

"I know, forgive me for my rude behavior from before; it's just that there were matters I had to...take of..." He sticks out his awfully pale hand, as a willing gesture to help her up; knowing she'll take it.

"Of course...anything for you...my love..." His fragile fiancée grasps his hand with hers, staggers to stand up; then clumsily falls upon him.

She blushes slightly as she clasps onto his majestic robe, in a pitiful attempt of both keeping her balance; as well as trying keeping herself from being left alone again.

"Shall we, my prince...?" Emerald softly whispers into her somewhat suspicious lover's elfin ears.

"Very well, my princess..." Vaati seductively answers, pulling her close to him; putting on another act just to make sure she doesn't escape his grasp. His beautiful wife to be clutches on, not letting him again as they head to the lower levels; she may never release her iron grasp. He smirks devilishly, enjoying the fact she's incredibly clingy. "My little plan worked, thankfully this will be quick; then I plot my take over..."

The future couple heads downward on a spiral staircase, which seems to go on forever; candles dimly glow as the only source of light in this dark place. "You'll be quite pleased with the amazing detail I had put into this ceremony, though I wished I didn't had to leave you so long; I actually hoped it wouldn't take so long. Alas, it's worth it; because now we're getting hitched soon." The highly overconfident mage boasts about his decorating for the wedding, possibly trying to make up for that one mistake of leaving her alone; she giggles in response to that.

"I bet it is, anything you do is amazing; honey..." The fair maiden still doesn't relieve him of her clutch, still a bit wobbly; she nearly stumbles on one of the rickety steps. "Whoa...!" Only for her surprisingly strong mate to easily intercept her, just before she drags herself and him down; as well as pulling her closer.

"Be careful darling, these damn things always seem to trip up someone; he-he-he-he." He snickers jokingly, putting up a fake grin of amusement; avoiding disaster once again.

"Alright, thank you..." His harmless captive blushes a light shade of pink, probably thinking he's still the good guy; even with all this bullshit you'd call a mastermind's scheme going on.

"Welcome, at any rate; we should hurry up before something stupid happens!" He quickly dashes down, dragging along his future victim; along the ridiculously lengthy stairwell.

"What do you mean by that?" She asks with a 'what the fuck' expression.

"I'll tell you later!" Vaati replies so fast, it's like one word; still heading downward.

All the while the three colorful heroes venture through the seemingly void fields. They make their way, with little restraint on their part; not caring if their feet hurt severely. "We've got to find them before it's too late!" Red squeaks loudly, dashing ahead of the others; only concerned with the task at hand.