Lies

A/N: Hello my lovely readers. Thanks for the votes on the last chapter. Here is the new chapter.

Feel free to comment your thoughts about the chapter, I won't mind!

Enjoy XX

....

The couple arrived in their car, at the Longbottom mansion. "Here we are, let's get going then!" Draco said as he watched the humongous mansion from the window. "Didn't know Longbottom had this much!" he added as he frowned.

A smirk appeared on Hermione's face. "Yes, your Malfoy mansion looks like a hut in front of Neville's house". He scowled at her and got out of the car. She giggled a little and followed his action.

"Here we are then!" he said as he offered his arm to the blond woman beside him. She nodded and smiled. She took his arm and walked in an elegant way, like all the other couples.

"Mione, are these celebrities?" he asked as he saw the media crowding around some people.

"Yes, they are. That dark haired fellow is the most handsome bachelor of the year. He is also a muggle actor."

Hermione replied staring lovingly at the actor. Draco watched Hermione admiring the man. He frowned. "He is not that handsome. I am much hotter than him" he said. Hermione laughed at his comment.

"Yeah, whatever. Keep lying to yourself if it makes you feel better" she said after she had a good laugh. He rolled his eyes at her and kept walking in.

"May I check your invitations, sir, and ma'am?" a black guy in formal tux suit asked.

"Yes sure" Hermione said in gentle tone. She pulled out the invitations from her silver purse and handed it to the guard. He looked at the small but elegant piece of paper and smiled.

"This way, Mr. and Mrs Clearwater" he said as he elegantly motioned them the way. Draco watched his actions with furrowed eyes. "I feel pity for him" Draco said as they walked the way they were motioned.

"Why is that?" Hermione asked as she smiled without looking at him. "That poor man has to fake smile and be disciplined and mannered all the time, I know the pain" he answered.

"Oh don't worry, Draco, he gets a good pay. I don't think he is faking, I think he loves his job" she replied. "You have the quality in seeing good in everything, don't you?" he asked as he smiled at the woman. She looked at him for a moment but she got distracted by the sweet music being played in the hall.

She looked around the place; the place was filled with good looking people who were wearing the most extravagant dresses and suits. She had never seen these many gorgeous people at one place. Yule ball was there, but this seemed the better version of that.

"Do you want a drink?" Draco asked. "No, we are here on a work" she said in a rather serious tone. "You take your work so seriously. Come on, chill a bit. Have some fun!" he said as he grinned. "No, I think we should start looking around, do you think Dolohov will be here?" she asked as she tried to look around.

"I have no idea, it's pretty hard to get Longbottom's invitation you know, I mean all the rich and influential folks are here!" he said as he took a sip of the fire whisky. She stared at him, and then she widened her eyes. "Yes, that's right, brilliant" she said enthusiastically.

"Thank you. But what did I say?" he asked in confusion. "You are so stupid, Draco. Look around, all the war heroes are here plus all the rich people of wizarding world, including the minister of magic himself" she answered as she pointed at the minister.

"Yeah right, this means they are planning to attack here?" he said as he looked around. His face got tensed as a sweat trailed down his face. "But how?" he asked himself. "We should just start looking around, and also keep our wand close!" Hermione informed the man.