Chapter 10

--Back into the past time(sareh)—

A lot happened in Alyssa's first year college life, the same as Dennise's second year college life. Both of them got real close like they'd go to school every day together riding their mountain bikes. Some people of their school had actually noticed their closeness, maybe because Dennise was a popular student too for she's a natural beauty and not to mention, brain. Everyone of their university is a scholar. To sum it all up, Aly and Den's school is not just a normal university but it is a university of scholars.

Their routine every school day would be like, if Aly's got a night shift on her part time job, Dennise would go Manang Feli's karinderya and wait for Aly so they'd go home together after work. And if Den is the one with a night class, Alyssa would wait for Den after work in the university's gate, again so they would go home together. The truth is that, they cared for each other so much that they'd want to be with each other's side every single day. That each of them wanted each other to be safe.

Alyssa became a member of the university's basketball women varsity players. Just like what Dennise said, Alyssa caught the attention of the basketball women's coach during their university's sports fest and so, she was recruited. Unlikely as it seems because of her tall height, she somehow became the point guard of the team and became one of the first five in every game. She's actually smart and fast when it comes to basketball. On the other hand, Dennise became the libero of the volleyball team. She was actually the middle hitter back in her first year college days but she quitted for her parents thought it was too much for her schedule. She then again was recruited by her coach to play as the libero and she accepted it. She loved volleyball and now that Alyssa has inspired her to play again, she embraced the opportunity during their sports fest.

Both of Aly and Den's team trains and practices every weekend and some at weekdays. This gave them more chance to enjoy their own sports with each other. It is because both of their teams share the same gym during training. The half of the court would be the basketball team's training ground and the other half would be the volleyball team's. During the basketball team's game proper the volleyball team would rest and watch just like the basketball team during the volleyball team's game proper. During breaks Den and Aly would accompany each other doing their best friend stuffs. They're just inseparable. Both their teammates and coaches noticed this. Some would think that they're too close and get jealous. Some would smile and think that what they have is really cool.

Most of the time, Alyssa cooks for the two of them. She's the better cook. Or sometimes when they're too tired to cook they'll just leech out some lomi in Manang Feli's karinderya. Yeah, they are that close to their land lady.

Every school day, before going to their respected classes, Alyssa would always give Dennise a lollipop before the two of them separate their ways into their different respected departments in school. The school guards has gotten used to these two lovely students who would always stop by the gate every school day morning and do their stuffs like, bidding their goodbyes when they'd separate their ways inside the school campus as if they'd not see each other at the end of the day. The school guards even thought that the two of them are somewhat like lovers rather than just best of friends. The two of them would not notice that the guards are shipping them already.

Between the two of them, Alyssa seemed to be the more mature one but she's somewhat an introvert. It's like just Dennise and Manang Feli are her friends. She'd be the one to scold Dennise when it comes to their rental house's cleanliness and order. She'd always remind Dennise to eat her meals properly and other stuffs that show how much Alyssa cared for this doctor libero. This is what Dennise particularly and absolutely loved about Alyssa. The way Alyssa cared for her. Dennise is much more like the clingy and childish one. Especially during her monthly period. She'd always cling(literally), hug, sniff or tail Alyssa when her period occurs. Unlike Aly, she has many friends at school. She's good at dealing with people, she would say.