Blind Date (Jack Johnson)

Lexi's POV

"C'mon Lexi, I know the guy!" Madison complained as I huffed and crossed my hands over my chest.

"Well I don't" I retorted. "I told you, no more blind dates, remember what happened last time?" I added as she frowned.

"Just because he ditched you doesn't mean all your other dates will!" she argued as I shrugged, slowly giving in.

"What's his name?" I asked.

"His name is Jack Johnson. I know him from my boyfriend because they're best friends. And he is a gentleman, Lexi. Please, just try" she begged as I bit my lip, hesitant on what to do.

"I-I don't know" I admitted.

"If you go on this date and it doesn't work out, I swear that I won't make you go on blind dates" Madison pressured me.

"Okay, fine" I rolled my eyes as she laughed and jumped into the air, instantly hugging me.

"Good answer, I swear you will not regret it".

-

"I'm done" Madison spoke as she turned me around as I gasped. She straightened my hair, making it look longer than it actually is. My eyes popped from the make-up but my freckles were still easily noticeable.

"Wow, thank you so much Madison" I was amazed how pretty I looked.

"I also decided to pick your outfit out" she pulled out a light pastel blue dress with my white converse.

"Wow, thanks Madison" I smiled towards her and slipped into the bathroom to change. I inspected myself in the mirror. I mean, the dress is lovely but I grew anxious. Would Jack like it? Because his first impression is very important to me.

"Wow" Madison spoke as I stepped out. "I know Jack will love this" she added as I shrugged and grabbed my car keys and phone.

"Maybe I should just wear jeans-"

"No, Lexi. You look beautiful. I know Jack will love you" she flashed me a warm and reassuring smile.

"Okay" I was shaky, "wish me luck" I nervously laughed as Madison hugged me and I looked down at the directions on my phone and walked out the door.

Don't screw this up, Lexi.

-

"Reservations for two" I spoke.

"And for who?" they asked.

"Jack Johnson" I replied as the woman quickly snapped her head up and looked me in the eyes.

"So you're the lucky girl" she whispered but I still heard it. What was that suppose to mean? "Right this way" she grabbed two menus and started walking as I followed. We passed all the tables.

"Um, sorry, but where are we going?" I asked as she turned around and smirked.

"Up there" she pointed as I looked up and saw stairs circling all the way towards a door. She laughed as we began our long journey up the stairs.