Family

CHAPTER 3

Amethyst's P.O.V

I slammed the car door shut, after getting out of Nate's Jeep and running up my drive way. I could hear Nate behind me when I opened the front door and marched into the lounge room. "Jaxon!" I yelled. "Dad?" I asked, looking around.

Where is everyone?

"Hello, Amethyst." I heard my brother's voice. I turned around and saw him leaning against the wall. "Jax-" I began walking to him but stopped in my tracks when he put his hand up, distancing me from him. "How stupid are you?" he spat.
I knew exactly what he was talking about. He rolled his eyes at my expression.

"Oh, don't act innocent. You know what I'm talking about," he said coldly.

"Yeah. I know what you're talking about. I know that I'm stupid because ever since the day I got my memory back, I have called my self that. Stupid. Along with many other names. I know I'm stupid and I know it's my fault.
I'm so sorry that you and Dad had to go through this loss because of my stupidity." I said, tears stinging my eyes.

"I'm so sorry," I said quietly, nearing him. His eyes were filled with pain and shock. He looked angry and disappointed.

His eyes moved from me to Nate. "You," he growled. He balled his fists and began forward to Nate, and before I could stop him, he threw a punch. Luckily, Nate caught his fist. They both stared at each other, faces close. "Stop," I pleaded getting between them. "His pack killed our mother!" He yelled, looking at me. I heard Nate let out a breath from behind me.

"Leave my family alone." Jax gritted through his teeth.

"Amy is my mate. I'm afraid I can't leave her." Nate said calmly.

Anger flashed across Jaxon's eyes. "I don't care," he said in a dangerously low voice.

"I don't need you to care," Nate shrugged. Jax began forward again but I placed my hands in his chest. "Jax, Please." I begged him with my eyes. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Of course you'd side with him. Maybe that's what you did last year. You call the pack and they end her life. Did you plan for all the-" I slapped him across the face. His face was still to the left, when the tears left my eyes. He slowly began to face me. His eyes were filled with regret. "How could you even say that?" I whispered, shaking my head.
He just continued staring at me. Nate's jaw was clenched and he looked like he was holding back.

"Amy.." Jax began, obviously not knowing what to say.

"Look, I know you just got your memory back and things may seem a bit strange right now, but think before you speak." I told him. He just looked at me. "I know this isn't the right time.." I began.

He looked at me and arched a brow, telling me to continue. I looked at Nate and by the look in his eyes, I could tell he knew what I was going to say. He nodded. I looked back at Jax. He was looking between Nate and I. "What?" He asked, confused.

"I..." I said nervously. "I'm pregnant," I said quietly, looking into his emerald green eyes which widened. His mouth formed an 'o' and he was frozen in place. My heart beat started to go fast and I knew my whole body was tensing.

Say something. Anything.

After what felt like ages, he opened his mouth to speak, but not to me.

"I'm going to kill you!" He walked past me and punched Nate, square in the jaw. I covered my mouth with my hands as Jax got on top of Nate, who had fallen on the floor, and threw more punches to his face.