Facing the World.

CHAPTER 12

Amethyst's P.O.V.

I slowly opened my eyes, being greeted by the warm and bright sun. I smiled to my self and got out of bed. I checked my phone and saw that there was a message from Nate.

'I just got a message from Mary saying the next ultrasound is in 2 weeks. I'll be back before then. Take care of yourself.' It read. I frowned. Two weeks?! He had to be gone for 2 weeks?

I sighed and sent him a reply.

'Okay.' Was all I said. I wasn't big on texting.

I noticed the time was 7:30am so I started getting ready. I made the bed and walked into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and took a long shower. I wrapped the towel around my body and walked into my wardrobe. I reached for my usual baggy clothes but retreated my hand. Why should I hide my bump? All my family knows now. I don't care what the school thinks. I picked out a casual black dress that was too big for me before I got pregnant, but now fit perfectly in all the right places.

I paired it with a small denim jacket and my black converses. I brushed my hair and put it up into a messy bun. After filling my bag with all my books and pencil case, I went downstairs for breakfast. I entered the kitchen and quickly made eggs and bacon. "Jaxon!" I yelled. I heard the loud thumps come down the stairs, like every morning.

"Morning," he smiled. He was wearing a plain black shirt that was a little tight, showing his muscles, and dark jeans.
"Wow. You look beautiful," he looked at me. I twirled around and laughed. "Thanks," I smiled. "I don't think I've seen you wear fitting clothing since you got pregnant," he got his plate and sat on the dining table.

I got my plate and sat across from him. "I was hiding it before. Now I don't have to," I smiled. "True," he said with a mouth full.
"Has dad already gone to work?" I asked. Our dad got a job at hockey centre recently. "Yeah," Jax said. I nodded.

"What are you doing today?" I asked. "Well," Jax pushed his empty plate away. "I'm dropping you off to school and then I'm spending the rest of the day with Jane," he smiled widely. I wriggled my eyebrows at him. "Is that right?" I teased. He laughed.

"I forgot to ask last night, where's Nate?" He asked. I looked down at my half empty plate. "He is with his pack. His dad is retiring soon, making him the future Beta. He has some issues to deal with," I told him. He clenched his jaw.

"I know he wants you to join the pack," he stated. I looked at him. "Personally, I see where he is coming from. You'd be around him and so would the baby. His mind would be at peace. Also, your son will grow up in a pack which is important." He told me. "But," he went on.

"It is dangerous. That pack is deadly. I get that they all love each other and shit but that doesn't change how they treat others. I don't want you or my nephew living in that kind of environment," he explained.

I nodded. "That's exactly how I feel." I said honestly.

"Do what you think is right. In the long run, I would love if Nate moved here permanently and you both graduate and build a future together for your family." He said.

"Unfortunately, it isn't that easy." I sighed. He looked at his watch. "Come on. You'll be late," he got up and put both our plates in the sink.

"I'm going to work after school." I told Jax as we entered his car. "Amy," he warned. "Please, Jax! I get bored at home and I just want to do something. Please," I begged. He started the engine and began driving.
"You could do something else!" I said. "Like hang out with Cas and paint your nails or some shit," he smirked.
"She will be at work. I convinced her to come to school and go to work to keep her mind off of things." He nodded.

"Fine. I'll pick you up at 8." He said. I smiled.

Jax pulled up in front of the school and kissed me on the cheek. "See you later," I said and closed the door. He gave me a final wink and drove off.

I turned around and began forward to the entrance of the school. I entered the hallways in which I started out. The hallways I never thought I'd walk down pregnant.
The hallway where I have fought with Nate multiple times.
The hallway where the four of us; Nate, Cassie, Johnny and I, would meet up.
The hallway in which now, people were looking and gasping at me. At my image. At my pregnant stomach. I didn't feel scared or embarrassed.
I felt happy. Relieved, even. I put on my big smile and walked past, ignoring the judging eyes. I wore the smile that said 'fuck what you think.'

"Well if it isn't Fat Amy. Legit." I heard Gabby's disgusting voice behind me. I turned around to find the devil spawn herself, standing in front of me wearing her usual clothing and packed makeup.

"Hi Gabby," I smiled. "Ew," she gagged. Her friends laughed. I fake laughed along with them, earning weird looks my way.

"So the rumours are obviously true. I didn't believe them at first. I thought Nate would be a little smarter than that." She pouted.
"Yeah," I sighed and went along with it. "It's too late to do anything about it now," I indicated my stomach and smiled.
Gabby gave me a weird look. "You're crazy." She said and walked off.

"Crazy and pregnant!" I yelled sweetly, earning the attention of the eyes that weren't already watching us.

Everyone was staring at me so I raised an eye brow. "Do you all seriously have nothing better to do?" I laughed.
They all stared looking elsewhere. I went to my locker and began putting my bag away when I felt a small tap on my shoulder.

I turned around to find Cassie. She smiled at me. "You look beautiful, Amy." She hugged me. I smiled back.
"Thanks, Cas. You too." I noticed her bright sundress and curled hair. She giggled. "You ready for class?" I asked. "I'm ready for class but I'm not too sure about facing Johnny... Or Gabby." She played with her hands. I put my hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry. You'll be fine. We have all the same classes today so I won't leave your side. I promise." I assured her.

She nodded with a smile. She hooked her arm in mine. "Ready to face the world?" She asked mockingly. I laughed.
"I've never been more ready."